1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Starting Line Up Advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Doomsday, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,295 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    10 Team PPR league. Cant decide which 3 RBs and which TE to start this week. Bold indicates who I am currently starting.

QB (1): Romo, Vick
    RB (2) + Flex (1): Foster, Steven Jackson, MJD, David Wilson
    WR (3): Dez, Colston, Miles, Shorts, Chris Givens, Brian Hartline
    TE (1): Fred Davis, Zach Sudfield, Jordan Cameron
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,440 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I'm not too fond of Foster this year. As for the TE's probably Fred Davis because RG3 will be in the pocket more, but Cameron is a good choice too.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Nice team.

The starters look good, though all three of your TEs are about equal.
    I actually think CBS, Yahoo, and ESPN are all projecting more points for Sudfield this week vs Buffalo and without Gronk. But who knows with TEs.
  4. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,295 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    TEs are always hit or miss, Davis is the known but my gut is telling me Brady likes his TEs.
  5. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,295 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    I had the 6th pick and couldnt decide between him and CJ Spiller, I like Spiller more but I just felt like Foster would get more TD opportunities in that offense. With Brown down now, I am wondering if I should start WIlson week 1. Probably just over thinking things.
  6. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I don't know. I think it's worth considering Wilson. The Chargers had a very good run defense last year (96 yards/game and only 10 rushing scores allowed), and that will probably continue this year. Plus, Foster hasn't played at all this pre-season and has just now started practicing. Wilson, meanwhile, will be facing a lesser run defense, is fully healthy, and can score from anywhere with his explosiveness. Plus, he's the guy...the only guy. And with Nicks and Cruz both not 100%, Wilson, I think, is going to get a LOT of work. I'm not saying you should start him, but Foster is, IMO, not an auto-start by any means.
  7. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

619 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    All looks good in bold for me. Brady loves his TE if gronk don't start I play sud. Cameron is now in a nurv offense.he loves TE. He is my back up. I'd wait and see how Davis does this first game before starting him.
  8. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,295 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Seems crazy to sit your #1 pick but I have a feeling Wilson will score more points, like you said he is the man this week and Kubiak recently said it was going to be a rotation this week.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,796 Messages
    1,635 Likes Received
    Basically you never sit your number one pick - if you do......he never should have been your number one pick to begin with...
  10. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,295 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    In hindsight I probably should of taken CJ Spiller, I just didnt expect Foster to be there at #6 and made a rash decision.
  11. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Foster will share carries with Tate this week. If it were me, I would definitely start Wilson over Foster.

True, you shouldn't have to sit your #1 pick, but injuries happen (and no, he wouldn't have been my #1 either). I'm looking at possibly having to sit Roddy White this week, the best reciever on one of my teams. It sucks, but it is what it is.
  12. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,295 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Still probably going to lose but glad I went with Foster over Wilson.
  13. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I expected that Wilson might fumble, but what I didn't expect was two fumbles and a trip to the doghouse for the rest of the game. Ouch.