1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Staubach on radio w/ Steve Young

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by FCBarca, Nov 13, 2009.

1. FCBarca

FCBarca New Member

2,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    KNBR is the local radio station here in the Bay Area and have a radio show in the afternoon called 'Razor & Mr. T'...The Razor being Ralph Barbieri and Mr. T being none other than former NBAer Tom Tolbert...Not a bad duo but nothing amazing either.

They have a call in each week from Bay Area hero, Steve Young, to talk Niner and general NFL stuff...As a gesture to Steve, Ralph/Razor did a nice thing by inviting on Steve's idol since childhood...Roger Staubach...Perhaps it was common knowledge but I never heard that...Nevertheless, it was an entertaining listen and thought some zoners might be interested.

Never tire of reminiscing about Roger the Dodger...There was a lot of mutual love between the two QBs but interesting to note the depth of Steve's admiration

http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/14184.mp3
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    I did know this about Steve Young. I played with his younger brother Mike, and had a chance to meet Steve. Mike told me all about Steve's love for Roger. I joked around a bit about it one time, but I can't share that story here.

Thank you for finding and posting this.
  3. FCBarca

FCBarca New Member

2,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sure...Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise on the drive home yesterday...I was riveted
  4. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,813 Messages
    8 Likes Received

I remember ole' Ralphie back when I lived in the Bay...

Is he still getting DUI's every other month ?

Anyway Gary Radnich was my favorite when I lived there.
  5. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I enjoyed that. Thanks!

Roger Staubach was a hero to millions back in the 70's. He's a special person.

I don't remember having hearing about his shoulder injury in the College All Star - NFL Champion game before.
  6. QT

QT Active Member

1,901 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Nice find.
  7. FCBarca

FCBarca New Member

2,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ralph, DUIs?..really?...No idea but I liked him more in the past...Now, he's a shill for the Sharks and so now he just comes off grumpy and with an axe to grind with everyone.

Tom is great, surprisingly...Radnich is a bit too full of himself for my taste but I love his 'Great knowledge' thing
  8. Hostile

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    I never knew that about the Kennedy family wanting them to play the Army Navy game in President Kennedy's honor. I thought that was amazing.
  9. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your in the bay area too? I listen to these guys alot and also Fitz and Brooks. Sometimes I can't stand Ralph though. Him and his stupid Amechi ads!
  10. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ralph got DUI's? wow.

And yes Gary Radnich is still the best around here. It's unfortunate that I have school when he's on.
  11. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,347 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Hos I'm actually working on a documentary about the Navy team and Kennedy's love for them, especially Roger. They lost the national championship but that year left an indelible mark on everyone.

You'd also be amazed how many incredibly successful men came off that team, Roger being the most famous.
  12. Hostile

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    I want to know when you have it done and when I can see it. Please keep me informed. Fred Goodwin, username here is fgoodwin, would probably be interested too.
  13. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,815 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Are these games on video any where? How many were there?

I wish the NFL Network would show them, I think they would be fun to watch
  14. Hostile

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    They played the College All Star Game from 1934 to 1976. The College All Stars won 9 of the games. The Champion from the NFL or AFL won 33 of the games. The Cowboys won 20 to 7 in 1972. The only time they ever played in the game.

I am sure they are on video somewhere, but I do not know where you can get them.
  15. Turf Toe

Turf Toe Active Member

164 Messages
    32 Likes Received

man i be stayin in tha Yay myself...richmond to be exac...i be listenin to razor n mr t wit ralph soundin like joe peshi lol always pluggin amicheez pizza....ralph a worm tho i aint feelin that dude...everytime a caller question him he be getin all but hert and hangin up on calers ya fillz......apreciate the post tho pimp gud lookin out! im fina blow and listen to this rite kwick like! :bow:
  16. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    thanks for linking to this, really enjoyed it