1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Staubach: Too much for Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cajuncocoa, Nov 9, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
  2. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    The most powerful thing we can do to send a message is exercise our right as consumers and hurt his pocket a little but I don't see that happening.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,268 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Consumer boycotts rarely work. Jerry has a captive market and he knows it. At the worst some of the casual fans will drop off, but he knows the star has a certain power about it that it is hard to refuse.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Turn into? All that's missing now is the jumpsuit.
  5. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

933 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Everything else has been tried - it's past time to hire an independent, professional GM, let him choose the head coach.

What if the uproar on JJ continues and becomes daily fare on the four sports stations in D/FW, and JJ can't go out in public without facing it? For the fans to make it clear when he dies his epitaph will be for what he did since 1997 and nothing else? At that point will JJ finally behave like Murchinson, Rooney, or sell the team? While I hope so, he seems mental enough he might actually prefer to die in debt. :eek: But I favor doing this since everything else has been tried. In the meantime, lets spend time following the Rangers, Mavs, Stars, etc.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    With a Papa Johns logo on it no doubt.
  7. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Can you hear me now? LOL
  8. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    OT, but every time I see your kids smiling at me from your sig line...it makes ME smile. They're adorable! :)
  9. ykc

ykc Active Member

598 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    How Dan Snyder did in D.C
  10. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    as long as everyone is listening to Roger , dont leave out this part of his comments

11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Do you know how bad you have to be for Roger to say something bad about you, or at least say what he said?

The man never said a bad word about quincy or owens.

Win or lose this sunday, what the crowd is going to do to jerry next sunday against cleveland has the potential to be a changing moment.

He and the rest of the jones family deserve to be booed everytime they are shown on the big screen, or when they come out to greet all the corporate sideline people.

Its going to be ugly vs the browns and I cant wait to boo the jones family in the stadium.
  12. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

933 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    ^ I want to apologize if I ever said TO had the biggest ego on the Cowboys.

It's the guy that hired him - he may be harder to treat.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,275 Messages
    1,553 Likes Received
    It's funny reading posts like this and watching posters try to pee up a tree.
  14. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,384 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    If we lose you might see the stadium at half capacity. Nobody's paying to see the Browns vs these Cowboys. Not even Browns fans.
  15. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,050 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    The tickets are already paid for. The seats may not be occupied, but the seats have already been bought.
  16. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,384 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    True. But I doubt you see 94K peeps like it was vs the Giants.
  17. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

337 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I agree, but I doubt if things really change(and this is morbid) until Jerry passes away....
  18. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,050 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    No doubt. But, the hit in his pocketbook won't be as much since the tickets are already paid for.

Booing on national TV is another story.
  19. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,275 Messages
    1,553 Likes Received
    Has anyone thought about renting a Billboard or two and placing them around the streets in Dallas to get people to help get rid of Jerry the GM?
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,480 Messages
    6,191 Likes Received
    I'm not sure Roger said what everybody here seems to think he said. He said Jerry's doing too much, not that he needs to be removed or that he's done more damage to the Cowboys than any rival ever has. Again, I'm not particularly a Jerry supporter; there's just something in me that hates to see an emotional overreaction aimed at anybody.

By the way, Roger also had this to say:

So...you know, put that in your true-fan pipe, and smoke it. :)