1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Steelers’ G.M. says everyone wants to trade down in this draft

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,313 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    That's who I trade up for.

I read one mock draft today that had Donald to the Gents at 12. I'll be sick. Rue......
    waving monkey likes this.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    If the Giants pass on him, I don't think the Bears will.
  3. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,520 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    There are starters available in the 3rd and 4th round of every draft. It's not like this is a draft where you go into the 4th round and pick a starter off the shelf and call it a day.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,488 Likes Received
    The exact reason I don't trade up for anything.
    visionary and Vanilla2 like this.
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,957 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Yes, like he's done that soooooo often in the past.
  6. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,868 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Awesome! Maybe Jerry can get and a 2nd or 3rd as well from one of the teams wanting to move out of the top.
  7. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,899 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    The cards are falling into place for my trade up for Clowney prediction.
    Mookie likes this.
  8. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,386 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    Every draft plays out different. You can't say do this or do that until it unfolds. Not many expected the huge run on OL/DL last year. Dallas is actually very lucky they still ended up with Frederick.

Moving up doesn't always have to cost a ton of picks if you are willing to swap spots later in the draft. If everyone is looking to move back, there can be big value in moving up for the right player.
  9. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,179 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    I agree. Let the draft play out and then judge. People were judging taking Frederick so high last year, but it made perfect sense with the run on interior OL. There'd never been a draft in league history like that. Getting Frederick when we did was the right move. Especially now that we know he'll be a centerpiece for the next decade.

The same thing might happen this year. There might be a run on DL and you might see guys like Ealy, Hageman, Critchon, Jernigan, Nix, Easley, and others going much higher than anyone expects.
    bkight13 likes this.
  10. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    With the depth in this draft, it's no surprise. There were some good points about trading up though, it could be much less expensive if teams really wanna fall back and grab an extra pick.

There are a few guys worth trading up for. Mack, Barr, Donald, top tackles, Watkins...ect. Still too much time in between to really know where guys will be taken though.
  11. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

701 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    GM's always tell the truth.
  12. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,995 Messages
    755 Likes Received
  13. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,995 Messages
    755 Likes Received

IMO, when you have a "eggs" fit that is replicated no where else in the draft you get him.
    If that player fits a key position "if" the price is swallowable you take him.
    We know the "motor" is just that.Get the motor tune it up and "ride it down the highway"
  14. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,432 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    That's how scouts are describing things this year. Only a few true blue chip players and none at QB, but a lot of depth.
  15. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I think "everyone" is too broad of a word.
  16. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    you mean trade up in the 1st round and grab someone that was going to be there at our pick in the 3rd round
    Chappy likes this.
  17. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,571 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    I do think there will be lots of trades in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That said, if you can move up in 1 at a good value, by all means go get a stud.
  18. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,899 Messages
    327 Likes Received
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    And that comparison is laughable.
  20. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

312 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    This really favors teams with a lot of draft picks like the 49ers. Many teams looking to trade down which means the asking price to move up will be less than usual. Not good for the Cowboys because moving back won't garner large price. I believe in going against the trend, so moving up would be the move but the Cowboys can't afford to give up extra draft picks.