1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Steelers tender offer to WR Mike Wallace

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Steelers tender offer to WR Mike Wallace
    Updated 03:46 p.m., Monday, March 12, 2012

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers have tendered an offer to restricted free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace.
    The Steelers did not release what the players were tendered, though general manager Kevin Colbert said recently the team would do what it could to keep Wallace. The Steelers have the right to match any offer made to Wallace or would receive compensation if he signs with another team, likely a first-round draft pick.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Steelers-tender-offer-to-WR-Mike-Wallace-3400225.php?
  2. bracey

bracey Active Member

950 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Any team in need of a #1 WR should jump at this chance. Why gamble with a draft choice when you can grab a top WR in his prime?
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,286 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    I would even do the 1st and 3rd round tender if I were another team. Wallace has absolutely elite speed, and he's young. No brainer.
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I'm the 49ers I give up my 1st rounder this year without blinking.
  5. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They just signed Moss, granted he is a 'flier' at this point, but I doubt them getting all that committed to the WR position just to pass it 12-20 times a game with Smith. Just do what worked last year, run run run when the Defense is stalling the other team and drop back and make a desperate throw to Davis should the Defense struggle.
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,337 Messages
    957 Likes Received
    Interesting...I can see some teams in need of WR's that should seriously consider making a move for this guy.

Cleveland, for example, with their 2 first round picks. Now that they're out of the Griffin derby they could take a look at signing this guy to give them a top flight WR.