1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephen A. Smith said it best...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JeffInDC, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    ..................Romo just may be the best of the NON-ELITE QB's. I never agree with him (and rarely agree with Skip). But, they were dead on today. Romo can get you to certain levels, but he CAN'T get you beyond them. He needs a ton of help. And, if Jerry and Jason don't finally figure this out, this team is doomed.

Smith & Bayless also explored the question we've all been throwing around at some point today - If some folks get their wish and the team parts with Romo, who do you replace him with? There are NO RGIII's, Andrew Lucks', or even Russell Wilsons' in the draft this year. And, don't even think about FA. Seriously, who's out there?
  2. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    ugh what would ROmo have done if the defense was not so hurt and Lee created a few turnovers? DOes Romo play defense? Guard? Center? FB? Tired of this crap. the team fell around Romo. Can anyone tell me why Ogletree is still on the team? McCray? Sensabuagh? Anyone?
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,192 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Cause Jerry doesnt know how to build a team and JG has little experience evaluating talent.
  4. ShiningStar

6,150 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    WHo failed the giants? Eli? Is Eli getting blamed? STop listening to ESPN.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,161 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    Because are GM and coaches are clueless.
  6. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Brady,Brees,Peyton,Rodgers,Ben, whoever, make that final play. That was a sick play and an even better call by Haslett.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,016 Messages
    1,409 Likes Received
    :bow:
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,982 Messages
    3,188 Likes Received
    You fix both trenches...specifically Oline. You hope the defense stays healthy and you move on from there.

You can have your choice of QBs from the draft and until this Oline and play calling issues are fixed you will get similar results...or worse...and yes it could be MUCH worse at QB.

A pocket passing QB with less than great mobility (not talking running QB) would get killed here.

As bad as Romo might be, as bad as the line is...Romo makes this line look better than it is.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    anyone dumb enough to listen to either moron smith or BSPN deserve what they get
  10. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received

Who says there are no lucks or Wilson's in the draft? Brady was a 6th rounder. If you want another reason to keep romo then say it. Don't tell me there are weak rookie qbs like you know how any of their careers will be. Romo got us one playoff win. I doubt a rookie qb would do worse.
  11. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,387 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    The next smart thing Stephen Smith says will be the first smart thing Stephen Smith says.

Romo made a couple bad, quick throws after intense interior pressure - his fault? Sure, he throws the ball, and is responsible. But that is what blitz pressure does - forces bad decisions. And right up the gut too - look at the three picks, each one involved alot of pressure (the first one was more Witten being blocked back into Romo, not a decision pick). And hey, credit the Skins LB on that last one, he was up showing blitz then came off at the snap, Romo didn't see him and the LB made a nice play.

But if you block for Romo, just a little gdang bit, you will go places.

The petulance of fans around here who want to be angry and throw things when their team loses leads to alot of stupid comments. Every year, 31 QBs fail to win the big one...
  12. lionel

lionel New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why are you guys bashing Romo so much? Would Dallas have gotten this far without him? Can any of you guys honestly say RG3 is better than Romo?
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,285 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I have already said it Orton gives you basically what Romo has for past few years - close to .500 ball and missing the playoffs. You start to stock pile draft picks now....not when Romo starts talking about retirement (from what I saw from his body language at end of game - he is not that far off from that). I also take cap hit on Ratliff and make 2013 a rebulding year. Some of you act like teams can't rebuild in one year. The eagles are about to do the same thing. Dallas doesn't always have to be on the cusp. They can take step back if it means breaking their current trend and getting young and being indifferent to past failures
  14. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Hmmm, what did they say that didn't make sense? I absolutely want Romo to continue being the QB of this team. But, he will ALWAYS be put in these bad spots if the rest of the roster isn't changed. Need more self starters on both sides of the ball. Need more depth on both sides of the ball.
  15. ShiningStar

6,150 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    preach it. AMEN
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,884 Messages
    1,111 Likes Received
    I'll say this again. Be prepared to lose next season in order to get a top draft pick in 2014. We have to completely sacrifice a year to do this. Why not? We've sacrificed nearly 17 years, what's one more?

23. That's the number. 23 years without drafting a QB in the first round.

You expect to win NASCAR with a KIA motor? Then why expect to win a Super Bowl with an undrafted QB?
  17. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,591 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    What about the guy from WV?

I saw one game & he was fantastic but never watched them again. Is he worth drafting?
  18. ShiningStar

6,150 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    why tank a season, if the FA is good and you have draft picks, move up. Other teams have to accept they suck and need hte picks. Dont tell me the Lions YET again will be right there, not buying it. Not buying the Chiefs can solve their problems with one player.

You want a qb, you believe that one guy will solve the trenches and injuries, go for it, break hte bank and land him, but if you re wrong, dont want to hear the same plan twice.

Frankily if i can get the trenches better with FA im willing to do it if the player can make the difference. If he cant, give me a guy in the second round and lets work with him. A good line can make a QB better, Dez can make a qb better.
  19. acer941

acer941 Member

249 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Right, 8-8 is so far!! (Sarcasm)

It's Average every year and is unacceptable.

You continue to fall back on Romo, saying he is going to get us there.

But he is not and the longer he is here, it's just wasting the career of Dez, and every other young or HoF player we have on this team.
  20. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,016 Messages
    1,409 Likes Received
    There will be plenty who answer YES.

The Romo haters are in their glory today!