1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephen A. Smith said it best...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JeffInDC, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Thank you. BP, I'm still trying to figure what I typed that was so horrid that folks think I'm bashing Romo for agreeing with SAS and Bayless NOT bashing Romo. They didn't bash him. They, in a rare occurence, pointed out the obvious - he's NOT Payton, Brady, Rodgers, or Brees. But, he's still a damn good QB that needs just a tad more help than the ELITE guys. That is NOT a bad place to be. If Romo had a truly top-notch D, a better O-Line, and a consistent running game - make that a COMMITMENT to the running game, he could do more than enough to lead this team far into the playoffs. That is all that was being said.
  2. kelc

kelc Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You do realize Skins only scored 7 points till late in the third quarter.How about instead of Romo throwing two picks in the first half he throws 2 TDs and helps a beat up defense.If Romo had put some points on the board it would have forced skins to throw more.Elite QBs pick blitzes apart,rookies and Romo have problems with the blitz .Like they say pressure in Romos face and he will make mistakes.
  3. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    At what point are you and others going to realize that, if Romo doesn't make that pick or others in his career, what have you seen from this D over the past 4-5 years that make you ABSOLUTELY COMFORTABLE that they will NOT blow the lead? THEY GAVE UP 270+ YARDS RUSHING LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting Orton in OR getting another QB does NOT change the fact that this D RARELY stops anyone when the game is on the line. Tell me how many game-changing plays D. Ware has made in his career, like an LT or Reggie White did? As much as you may want to get rid of Romo, I would trade D. Ware TODAY if I could multiple picks for him.
  4. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,235 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    ALL QBS NEED A TON OF HELP, getting to that next level. No QB can get to the top by himself!!

Yes, Romo threw that game away definitely with the 3rd Int, the first Int I want to say was on Ogletree, but the other two was on Romo.

This game for the people who like to blame, lay it at the feet of Injuries, Rob Ryan the defensive players and with the 3rd int Romo, no further than that.

I am sick and tired of Sensabaugh, I'm tired of Spears I'm tired of Jenkins, I'm tired of Claiborne and his no tackling, actually the whole defense cannot tackle, I'm tired of Ware, I would clean house and only keep Carter and Lee, find players with their mentality and toughness and build around them on defense, but I would not do it with Rob Ryan, he and his brother are riding off of their father's name
  5. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,200 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    The words "Stephen A. Smith said it best" should never come out of anyone's mouth ever.
  6. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Same thing year after year. People will debate whether Romo is elite. If you have to debate it then he isn't. He is a good QB who can win a few games for you. He can't take us to the SB or even an NFC Championship game. Ship him off to Buffalo or Arizona where he would be able to shine. He's never going to win in Dallas. The stage is too big for him. It's time to rebuild. This 8-8 every year is getting old.
  7. acer941

acer941 Member

253 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    What do you think would happen if the 49ers where playing without Willis, Bowman, Whitner, Justin smith, and Aldon smith playing 50%?

Exactly, it would be hard for any team to defend the #1 rushing team with all of your best Defensive players hurt....

Think before you talk...

Oh, and when the game counted. Did the defense not get a stop?!!!??
    They did there job and got the ball back to Romo with 3timeouts and plenty of time...
  8. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Griffin won last night only completing 9 passes for 100 yards. Why? Why did Romo have to throw the ball 40 times?

The Redskins didn't put the whole game on Griffin, they depended on their running game and defense to win the game. Their OL opened up huge lanes for Morris. What did our OL do?

Once again Garrett's game plan called for throwing away the first half and putting the whole game on Romo in the fourth quarter.

You can put Luck, Griffin, Russel or even Brees behind this OL and under Garrett and you would get the same results. Jerry should just put his ego aside and let some one outside his inner circle to take over the decision making and coaching. This problem goes way beyond the Romo years.
  9. acer941

acer941 Member

253 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    It was simple... They were blitzing more guys than we could block.
    So how is that on the O-Line?!

It was the fact that the ball wasn't coming out in time and romo didn't make the Adjustments needed!
  10. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Garret's offense doesn't call for short passes and crossing routes, its passes to the sidelines and down the field.

Cam Cameron was fired mid year, he ran the same out dated offense Garrett runs. Turner got fired today, his offense was putrid and out dated. Perhaps that's where the changes need to start. At least let Callahan install his offense.
  11. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,489 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, maybe in the 1st round of the playoffs I would use this argument. But the defense made the stop we needed, when we needed it ...e ven as pathetic as they are. Tony had the ball like he's always had it the last 6 weeks of the season. This never happened before last night. Tony blew it .. period, game over.
  12. acer941

acer941 Member

253 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Right! Yes the defense played horrible all game. But when it counted they did there job!!
  13. acer941

acer941 Member

253 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Which is horrendous, I never understood why they would keep attacking Deangelo hall if he was playing so good! Just attack the otherside or the middle of the field.
  14. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received

Ditto. This broken record needs to be thrown away.
  15. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,069 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Geno Smith is a pure passer, I would love to see him in a Cowboys uniform.
  16. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,943 Messages
    504 Likes Received

So Romo got them to 8-8.... yippee!!! Is there really a difference between 8-8 and 5-11 in the grand scheme of things? If you're 8-8 or 5-11 you won't be in the playoffs.

The Romo supporters are hilarious when they say "Without Romo this team is a 3-6 win team at best" or "We wouldn't be in this situation to win the division without Romo" Ok but how do you explain going 1-6 in win or go home games or throwing 3 picks last night etc. Romo puts up great stats and wins games but when they really matter i.e. last night he comes up small! This is coming from a Romo supporter over the years as well but after last night I think it might be time to move on.
  17. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    We did okay with Kitna as QB. The Cowboys could be mediocre with any average qb.
  18. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,069 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Dude give it a rest with your excuses... The DEFENSE MADE A CRITICAL STOP in the 4th quarter which laid the game right on Romo's plate but noooo he couldn't deliver ONCE again.
  19. underdark

underdark Member

500 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Stephan A. Smith is the most worthles person in all of sports. He makes the world around him more stupid.
  20. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received

And yet, even the most stupid guy in sports can see Turnover Tony will not win a championship. So why can't JJ and Garrett.