1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Stephen Jones: Hope to make decision on Waters today/Official Injury update

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 1, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,350 Messages
    4,312 Likes Received
    Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 1m
    Stephen Jones on Brian Waters' future: "Doing a little more diligence...We'll make a decision probably, hopefully before the day is out."

Stephen Jones said DeMarcus Ware is doubtful for this week but close to a return. "I think he's getting there. He's real close."

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 1m
    Claiborne, Holloman, Waters, Wilcox all out this week. Austin, Ware doubtful. McCray questionable. All others probable or good to go.
  2. WoodysGirl

65,350 Messages
    4,312 Likes Received
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,705 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    Translation: We are trying to determine whether a broken down Waters is still a better player at guard than anyone else on the roster.

As for McCray, what about him is NOT questionable?
    Doomsay and perrykemp like this.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,382 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Tell tale sign that Callahan and Garrett will run the ball up the gut every play?
  5. WoodysGirl

65,350 Messages
    4,312 Likes Received
    The Cowboys still are discussing what roster move to make to get cornerback Micah Pellerin up from the practice squad. With mounting injuries, though, the Cowboys likely don't have the roster spot to wait and hope.

"He’s a pro," Jones said. "He didn’t come back to get the proverbial check. I think he really came back to compete and make a difference, and he’s made a difference for us. Even if we don’t have him again, I think he’s made a huge difference in our room and made the guys around him better. Obviously glad we signed him. Very unfortunate what’s happened to him. We’re looking and seeing and making sure he wants to to, if there’s any way he could play through this. But obviously not totally optimistic there."

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ers-can-return-this-season.html#storylink=cpy
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,422 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    LOL. Took me a second. Thanks for the chuckle.
  7. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    The question is will our Oline hold up enough to allow us to take the shots on the secondary of the Vikings. Between their tackles and Allen they could get pressure on us, and Romo doesn't do well with inside pressure. Here's hoping the line stands up and lets us shred that secondary.
  8. ilykdrama

ilykdrama Active Member

337 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Was just about to put this. Funny how they know this going in, but we'll target Dez less than 10x and sit on the ball in the 4th winning by a massive 1-3 points. No killer instinct. With a stat like this, this game should be won by 17 points, but I don't see us doing it. Not possible with this staff or team. You should be happy with a win, but some opportunities you have to take full advantage of to get your teams mindset right, by beating the piss out of someone sometimes.
    Redball Express likes this.
  9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    Romo should have a big day. This + their starting slot DB is the one of the most abused in the NFL.
  10. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Hate to say it but I think this is the day Waters goes on IR. Heck of a career.
  11. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,422 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    I thought the same thing last week re: Detroit's sucky secondary.
    Doomsay likes this.
  12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,429 Messages
    1,249 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, I'm thinking the same thing.
    TheSport78 likes this.
  13. Denim Chicken

3,028 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    Yeah, nut Minny doesn't have the DL that Detroit does.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,939 Messages
    745 Likes Received

Yeah just like our D-Line was going to have a field day with 3 back up O-lineman against the Chargers.

I expect we won't pass well at all simply because everyone thinks we should torch them.
  15. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Detroit and Philadelphia both had pass defenses near the bottom of the league. We see how well that worked for us.

Which Romo is going to show up Sunday?
  16. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,760 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    Or San Diego....
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,606 Messages
    3,339 Likes Received
    Current Injuries
    Last updated: November 01, 2013
    PlayerStatusInjuryComment
    Matt Johnson Injured Reservefoot is on injured reserve
    Anthony Spencer Injured Reserve kneeis on injured reserve
    Ben Bass Injured Reserve shoulderis on injured reserve
    Nate Livings Injured Reserve kneeis on injured reserve
    Ryan Cook Injured Reserve backis on injured reserve
    Edgar Jones Injured Reserve groinis on injured reserve/designated for return
    Tyrone Crawford Injured Reserve Achilles is on injured reserve
    Brian Waters Out triceps/knee/ribis expected to be placed on injured reserve
    Miles Austin Doubtful hamstring is doubtful for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    Jason Hatcher Questionable neck is questionable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    Morris Claiborne Questionable hamstring is questionable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    J.J. Wilcox Questionable knee is questionable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    DeVonte Holloman Questionable neck is questionable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    Barry Church Questionable hamstring is questionable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    Danny McCray Questionable hip/toe is questionable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    DeMarcus Ware Questionable quadriceps is questionable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    George Selvie Probable shoulder is probable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    Lance Dunbar Probable hamstring is probable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    DeMarco Murray Probable knee is probable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
    Dwayne Harris Probable hip is probable for Sunday's game against Minnesota
  18. Denim Chicken

3,028 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    Which OL is the better question. He put up 300+ against Philly.
  19. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Lets meet In the middle which OL and which Romo show up Sunday lol.
    Denim Chicken likes this.
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    Is this the first game that Miles has missed? They should just release rubber leg, or at least make him sit at home instead of coming out smiling like the cat that ate the canary while Dallas is getting their butt kicked!