1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephen Jones in charge?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by pansophy, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pansophy

pansophy Member

94 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Has anyone else noticed how much bigger Stephen's role has become? He was on the phone to make a decision about whether to trade back or not.

Could the '3 1st round lineman in 4 years' be about Stephen increased influence and control over the team?
    jterrell, ufcrules1 and cowboyschmps3 like this.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,924 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
  3. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,482 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Future GM of the Cowboys. Jerry might be giving him some more responsibilities so he can learn. I'm just guessing.
  4. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,365 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    I think the ten-year transition period is beginning.
    Wood likes this.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,541 Messages
    8,486 Likes Received
    Don't be ridiculous. Everything pertaining to the Cowboys, from socks to jocks, is controlled by the capable hands of Will McClay.

He's the guy off to the side in the war room cam.
    cml750, Zordon, Gaede and 2 others like this.
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,264 Messages
    1,489 Likes Received
    Maybe this has been Stephen's role all along. It has just became more apparent lately, or Jerry not in the fore front as often.
    Or the media is paying more attention and doing their jobs instead of Jerry story hunting.
  7. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,586 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    What is Charlotte's role in the war room?
  8. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I think he makes better football decisions than his father, remember rit was Stephen and Garrett who met with Melton, and discussed the deal, Jerry wasn't even in town.
  9. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    i dont think theres much to it, or Stephen has just accepted the title but knows daddys still in charge. Either way think on it as we want, it will be what will be.
    noshame likes this.
  10. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,565 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Yes I have and think that Jerry has been in more of a marketing role. From Melton saying Jerry wasn't involved to Jerry continue to pump the show that is Dallas Cowboys (AMA press conference), he seems to be stepping to the side a bit. Make no mistake about it though, Jerry WILL and I mean WILL take credit for any success. Stephen has been sticking his chest out since the season ended on multiple platforms. I LOVE IT if truly happening!!
  11. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,183 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I would guess for marketing. She is there to hear all the disussions and can quickly produce a marketing package for the player.
    BigStar likes this.
  12. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,166 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    I don't think it's any coincidence that Dallas has slowly and subtly been pumping PR out there to make it seem like Jerry is no longer running the show. I am not fooled by it for a second. As long as that man is breathing he's going to be the "decision maker". I don't think anything has changed.
  13. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Spalding.
  14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,378 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    I get the feeling that what happened yesterday was a consensus
  15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,378 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Every one loves to be shocked by Jerry not making a "Jerry Move." Except that he did exactly what he said he was going to do in the weeks leading up to the draft. Everyone thinking he would make the splash a) got that from their own Jerry-Bias and b) hasn't really been paying attention for the last 3-5 years.
    Wheeltax, iceberg and nickjamesw43 like this.
  16. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Active Member

209 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    eye candy
  17. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,876 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Well sure, it looks that way, if you ignore the earpiece he's wearing through which Ben Bass gives him his marching orders.
  18. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,657 Messages
    1,442 Likes Received
    Make sure the color aesthetics don't effect the "brand"? Good question tbh.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,789 Messages
    2,525 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys are a family business. Jerry Jones Jr. is not involved in personnel. That doesn't mean he isn't excited about the team. Charlotte Jones Anderson is in charge of marketing. That doesn't mean she isn't excited about the team. Her son Shy spent much of the night showing technology tricks to Will McClay on the iPads. I am really sorry that people hate the Jones family so much, but newsflash people, they love the Dallas Cowboys and busting their butts to put the best team they can out there for us. Jerry spends a fortune to do anything he can to make this team the best and the fan experience the best, and all some of you do is ***** constantly.

Honestly, why are you concerned about his grandson being in there? Is your hate for Jerry so deeply ingrained in you that you need to be insufferable jerks to the kid?

I've been telling everyone who will listen for years now that Stephen has a lot more of the GM role that people expect, than Jerry does, and for years I've been lambasted for it. Guess what? I was right.
  20. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Please tell me they don't really have son named Shy
    guag and khiladi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.