1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Stephen Jones in charge?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by pansophy, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

11,288 Messages
    2,800 Likes Received
    Thing is, if these same people had a business they owned, and could have their children, grand children there, they would, and probably do...but yet they complain when others do it in their own business. So yes, their hate probably goes that far.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,318 Messages
    3,359 Likes Received
    He doesn't go out and get the best coaches. He spends his money on the coaches that make him the most comfortable.

Winning is the Cowboys 3rd priority at best.

Jerry's Ego is #1

Entertaining is #2

You could also argue that keeping the country club atmosphere is #3.
    daveferr33, cml750, Zordon and 4 others like this.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

18,619 Messages
    4,080 Likes Received
    Nepotism is not typically held in high esteem. Meritocracy is a more popular American ideal.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,514 Messages
    10,389 Likes Received
    I agree. But nepotism is littered throughout the NFL. I doubt there is one team in the NFL that doesn't have somebody who was brought in via a family member. If there is, I'd be truly shocked.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

33,186 Messages
    2,628 Likes Received
    Does he feel in charge?
  6. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

4,732 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    Ginger was liking him some Charlotte in that war room, poor Brill..lol
    khiladi likes this.
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Brand management and serving fresh Jack and Cokes. Spalding is in charge of the snacks and eyeglass management.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

37,368 Messages
    3,503 Likes Received
    This. Since it's inception, NFL ownership has pretty much been passed down from Father to Son, so to speak. Same thing will happen in Dallas.
    Primetime42 likes this.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,833 Messages
    1,933 Likes Received

I don't care if he's on camera or not. If he was responsible for the pick yesterday then I'm good with it.

Now we need to focus on Defense but I'm definately happy about the Martin pick.
    CowboyGil likes this.
  10. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

11,288 Messages
    2,800 Likes Received
    And anyone truly believing any of this is just crazy.
    Jstopper likes this.
  11. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,481 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Hopefully she's going to run the team after she throws Stephen into The Tower.
    Zordon likes this.
  12. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

4,732 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    Actually, Charlotte is simply an awesome professional, I have no problem with her in the war room (Garret concurs yet for different reasons ;)!
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

18,619 Messages
    4,080 Likes Received
    Sure but most teams have their children inherit and take over the owners booth like in Oakland or NY. Jones packs all of the top executive positions with his kids. As matter of degree he blows up the curve.
    Wolfpack and WoodysGirl like this.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    You can argue it. It doesn't make you right, and you aren't.
  15. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Who gets to decide when Stephen Jones has merited it? Because you know Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells are pretty much respected for their football acumen and both of them think he is one of the best football executives out there.

I like seeing the excitement about the team from the family. I like that the grandson has a deep interest in the team. How is that bad? Does it make people look tough to bash kids and women? I guess if you're a misogynistic jerk it would. or someone who thinks kids have no value. I don't get the constant nee to be negative. I apologize for my ranting in this thread to anyone it offends or who is tired of it. I just do not like seeing women and kids mistreated.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

8,841 Messages
    3,142 Likes Received
    Will McClay has had total power for a week so he has delegated telephone receptionist duties to Stephen
  17. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,130 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Don't tell Green Bay. They've brought in Ron Wolf's kid, and he didn't even play college ball.
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,514 Messages
    10,389 Likes Received
    There's a difference in someone working their way up the personnel food chain from the quality assistant role in a scouts office mashing up film for the players to someone who started out in the executive offices pushing paper, learning the biz from that angle, and plays a major role in player acquisition.

It takes nothing away from any knowledge Stephen may have gained in the 20+ years he's been on the job, but there will always be a difference in how he's viewed.
    daveferr33 likes this.
  19. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what this was meant to tell me WG. Sorry if I am being dense.

Didn't Jerry and Stephen take over from the word go? Didn't the way the NFL is operated change based on how Jerry does things in marketing? Didn't Bob Ackles provide any insight? Didn't Jimmy Johnson learn on the fly?

If Stephen Jones was a bumbling fool, why does Jimmy Johnson consider him to be a great football guy. His exact words are, "he's a good one." Jimmy was there for his first 5 years in the NFL, but none since. Maybe, just maybe these people aren't as incompetent as the whining drones think. I don't it's just a thought.
  20. FuzzyLumpkins

18,619 Messages
    4,080 Likes Received
    He was given his position site unseen despite what Parcells and others have said after the fact. The grandson is obviously going to be handed his spot as well and will be going down the same path.

I like Stephen Jones but his success at his position is despite the process and not because of it.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.