1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Stephen Jones on KRLD - 10/14/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 14, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 8m
    Stephen Jones on KRLD says coaches ‘very disappointed’ with Church late hits. Says everybody needs to know that call is going to be made.
    Stephen Jones on KRLD says Miles Austin is ‘close to 100 percent. He’s in the 90s.’ But that nobody's 100 percent.
    Of Ware, Murray injuries, Stephen Jones tells KRLD, ‘Don’t think we’re dealing with anything here that’s going to be a long time period.’
    Stephen Jones tells KRLD he's looking for DL help, but no teams believe they're out of the race. Will have a couple guys in for workouts.
  2. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

957 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    No teams believe they are out the race? Are the Cowboys trying to trade for some DL help. Very interesting
  3. davey999

davey999 Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Jaguars aren't out?

Go get Branch or Babin.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,663 Messages
    5,818 Likes Received
    The trade deadline is week eight.

It's too bad that it's not later because very few teams are likely to give up and trade away players by week 8.

Unfortunately the Panthers started winning because I would try to trade to DE Greg Hardy. He is a free agent after the season.

The Cowboys could also use someone like Jared Allen from the Vikings, but they probably wouldn't give him away for a late round pick and I don't know if the Cowboys could fit his salary under their cap.
    cowboys1981 likes this.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,636 Messages
    5,548 Likes Received
    At least they didn't cost us the game and Church got a serious learning experience.
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,557 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    I'll be honest I like what Church did a little bit. This team has been labeled too nice/too soft and to see search take a couple of shots that weren't malicious. As long as he doesn't make this a habit I can tolerate what he did last night. It's kind of like Deangelo Hall talking and taking cheap shots during the game.
    slomoxn and cowboys1981 like this.
  7. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,927 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    I like that they're at least inquiring with other clubs. Of course teams will say they're "in it" to create more value.
  8. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,812 Messages
    1,575 Likes Received
    I agree. Church's postgame comments say it all
    If Griffin or anybody else wants to go out there and hot dog give em something to think about
  9. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    So what is a 10% improvement on 0? :)
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,663 Messages
    5,818 Likes Received
    I don't see them trading away Andre Branch, their 2012 second round pick.

Babin's salary is 4.2M this year and 6M in 2014 and 2015 and he is 33 years old. It would make sense for them to trade him. They would get a late round pick and be off the hook for his remaining 2013 salary. Dead-money stays with the original team in a trade; therefore, the Cowboys could cut him after the season if they didn't want to pay the 6M salary for 2014. I don't know if the Cowboys can fit him under their cap this season. If he were traded this week, the Cowboys cap hit would be 11/16 of his 4.2M salary or about 2.89M. The Jags GM is new and is not the same one that signed Babin to the contract in 2011.

On the down side, Babin has 2 sacks in 6 starts; whereas, Kyle Wilber has 2 sacks in zero starts.
  11. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,731 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Translation: Offer us a really high draft pick and we'll consider it.
  12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,857 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    The only time I saw Babin look like a good pass rusher is when he played the 9 technique. No thanks.
  13. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,792 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Will playing against his former team help a little by wanting too get a sack or something lol jk
  14. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,033 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    Its obviously the rule but tgose calls were total bs. You should be able to defend against a running qb just like u would any other player.
  15. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,927 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    I would want someone who plays DT to play alongside Hatcher. It would make the DE's jobs easier
  16. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I also like the message it sent, which was you are now a running back and subject to get treated like one. I didn't get to see the end of the game but heard it on the radio and remember the announcer saying Griffin was hearing footsteps, a few rough hits tend to do that to a persons psyche.
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I thought the same on babin. I read something incorrectly on his contract a few weeks ago and after double checking we could never fit him on our cap.

No idea on branch.
  18. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    No problem on my end either.

I have had enough of griffin. He is fake humble and comes off as a whiny spoiled brat to me.

Brandon Carr said last night that after he told nfl network that rg3 isn't the same guy last week and couldn't run well that rg3 immediately texted him and told him he was talking trash.

My response to that is ***? What a baby, who does that?

I'm Suprised rg3's mommy and daddy didn't call Carr.

I hope he fails right out of the league.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,381 Likes Received
    I think the Panthers know they have a good defense.
    That team could give anyone trouble, but the offesne is inconsistent.
  20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,113 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Branch was on the bubble to make the team by most accounts. I could see him being available.