1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephen Jones suggests new work rules may have contributed to Cowboys injury woes

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,562 Messages
    3,845 Likes Received
    That argument has absolutely nothing to do with fact he and SJ said the same thing.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,088 Messages
    5,644 Likes Received
    Which to me means that this is something discussed in the league circles. Unless the NFL is willing to give back something to the players, then it's not something that's going to change anytime soon.

The league is just going to have to adjust. Maybe go to a college training schedule of some kind?
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,712 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    Glad you think so.
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    I don't recall Belichick ever using injuries as an excuse for losing though. On the other hand I read posts here every day saying poor Jason Garrett cant be held responsible for his inability to win games because the defense has been ravaged with injury the last two seasons.

Just saying.
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,591 Messages
    800 Likes Received
    Nah, H1N1.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    clearly you conveniently forget the worshippers on the Shrine of Woicik and all the claims they were making......
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,165 Messages
    2,796 Likes Received
    OK, so there's some kind of connection between Belichick not using injuries as an excuse to fans of another team saying their team did not finish strongly due to injuries.

Gotcha.
    TheDallasDon likes this.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Because he came back. He clearly can't be any good if he came back, and he clearly had nothing to do with those successes. Michael Irvin was all wrong.
  9. Beast_from_East

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received

I think Stephen Jones is saying injuries were an excuse as well..........................the title of the article kinda gave me hint.

"Stephen Jones suggest new work rules may have contributed to Cowboy woes".
  10. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I'm not a big fan of nepotism at all and have to remind myself that it's not the rich kids fault he's rich.
    BigStar likes this.
  11. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,637 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    Oh most definitely, I was just being a jerk :D
  12. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I didn't read it that way. There's definitely a rich kid syndrome. Just watch Elie Mannings face when he throws a pick. Kinda looks like he smells something.
    [IMG]
  13. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Some of this is just a freak Cowboy thing. We had Ware who should have parked it last year and got his arm fixed early and a guy(Rat) that prolly should have been in more games or at least came back this year who didn't. Topped off with Crawfords tear and Spencers kneecap. These were things that had nothing to do with how much work a team is allowed to get out of a player and they were huge.
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,165 Messages
    2,796 Likes Received
    Well that's not what you posted.

If you don't want to believe injuries weren't a problem in 2013... I'm not going to spend my time trying to convince you otherwise.
  15. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,637 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    It definitely exists and agree there (arrogant/spoiled nepotism) and no way hold resentment for someone for having money (there are plenty of cool rich kids that aren't whiney brat types). I was just being a jerk in pointing it out as the sole reason for his whininess.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    OhSnap likes this.
  16. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Did you hear him whining about that legal block Welker made in the playoffs? Sounded allot like an excuse.:p
    khiladi likes this.
  17. Beast_from_East

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    Older players tend to get injured more than younger players..................apparently the front office just had this epiphany with their new declaration of not paying big money to guys over 30.
  18. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,620 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    I was just as excited to see Woicik return. Nobody has more rings, so that does say something.

So if it is not even remotely possible that he could very easily be losing touch with a changing game, it is just bad luck then?

Just trying to make sure what is acceptable and not acceptable, when it is okay to say a legend has lost his touch and when it is not okay. Seemed to hear a lot about that when Parcells was here, but since he was not part of our glory years in the 1990s I guess that was okay.

Even the great Tom Landry lost touch with a changing sport and its players. It happens, it is nothing to be ashamed about. Woicik also experienced his best success with head coaches who would run players as hard as he would. Belichick and Johnson principally. Is he getting the same support now? Can he do what he used to get away with under the old CBA?

But when you have a walking infirmary that many fans use as a built in excuse for why we are a perennial 8-8 team, there are certain things that can be pointed to.

It is a suggestion because not a one of us can say for certain the causal factors. And apparently judging by how the Cowboys brass struggling to figure it out, neither can they.
  19. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,876 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    Becoming a cry baby cause he's not winning the SB anymore with his cheating ways. Dude was crying cause of Aqil Talib getting injured in the Denver game of a pick which his team mastered, when he was dead silent his anchor on defense Wilfork took out that dude's knee that one time.
    OhSnap likes this.
  20. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,876 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    Or people could be getting injured cause PED usage is up.. It's all speculation.