1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Photo: Stephen White Tweets: Lions didn't do anything special to take Dez away, he was open alot

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Shatz88

Shatz88 New Member

24 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I agree. I like Romo as much as the next guy, but outside of the Denver game, he hasn't done much of anything.
  2. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    You guys continue to ignore the facts. Romo was under heavy pressure, and Dez was double covered. No picture is going to change those facts.
  3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    No he wasnt.... not the whole game... thats an excuse...
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

I really think the offense as a whole has taken a step back this year. I really don't understand the playcalling (how often they run, the types of route combos they use, etc...). It doesn't make sense most of the time. I'm not liking Callahan as the playcaller.
  5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Im hesitant to be overly critical of Romo. For anyone who watched that Denver game, it should be obvious to them that Romo can still be a heck of a QB. Whats been going on the last two games? No idea. Somethings gotta give. He can make the throws. He's not letting the ball fly for some reason. And dont blame the O line. It hasnt been great but he's had time.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Romo has struggled a bit here lately, but so has the OL. Early in the season the OL was completely shutting people down, but lately they've been allowing a lot of pressure up the middle (which IMO rattles a QB more than blind side hits).

Now with Waters out? Be ready to watch Romo taking a BEATING from hits up the middle.
  7. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    The WR Coach, kept telling DEZ they had a safety playing over the top.....LOL
  8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    yea, with waters out, we're talking about a whole new ball game here. But i still dont buy that romo has 0 time to complete passes out there. That's some what of an excuse for him
  9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    They had a saftey over the top on his TD passes to. Some times you have to let it fly.
  10. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    Dooley- hated that hire.
    I disliked him in Tennessee...
    I like him less in Dallas.
    I was truly sad to see Robinson retire.
  11. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I think that's only part of it. He should have been targeted more, but Romo was also under a bit of pressure. That Fairely had at least 2 clean shots at Romo, saw a few others where a blitzer came quick. I saw DET playing Dallas the way KC did where they go w/ a bit of man coverage, let their LBs drop to take away the intermediate passes and let their Dline and maybe one blitzer put pressure on the QB.

It worked for them. It's still no excuse for 6targets. If Romo's getting pressured the you roll him out of the pocket...we dont' see much of that anymore.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  12. phildadon86

phildadon86 Active Member

548 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Everyone is talking about romo's progressions and reads. Now i never played football so i may be putting my foot in my mouth here, but how is Dez Bryant not your FIRST OPTION?
    tantrix1969 and Corso like this.
  13. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,912 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    That's the difference between stafford and romo. We seen it in the game. Romo barely targeted dez instead we tried to get cute and go to twill. Stafford went at CJ all day and just let him make play after play. Especially since we did nothing to stop it.
  14. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

2,432 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    The pictures show dez was not doubled. Romo flat out missed him. Why go to such lengths to defend him? The eye in the sky don't lie.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  15. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

2,432 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    It comes down to play design and how long it takes a certain route to develop
  16. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,613 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Correcif I'm wrong but doesnt that type of drive into the ground sack usually draw a roughing penalty ?
  17. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,662 Messages
    2,790 Likes Received
    Stafford threw almost twice as many passes with no pressure as Romo did in that game, for almost twice as many yards.

Stafford
    Pressured (29%): 4 of 12 88 yd 0 td 1 int 25.7 (2 runs, 1 sack)
    No pressure (71%): 29 of 36 400 yd 1 td 1 int 110.6

Romo
    Pressured (41%): 1 of 11 1 yd 0 td 0 int 39.6 (2 runs, 0 sacks)
    No pressure (59%): 13 of 19 205 yd 3 td 0 int 143.6
  18. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Romo... There's something wrong with the guy.
  19. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    We because we run our offense thru the TE so we run our offense inside out instead of outside in.
  20. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,850 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    You're right, it's called being pressured almost half of the time you throw the ball.