1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephon Tuitt of ND

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dart, Aug 23, 2013.

1. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232808/article

just cause Ware will not be there forever an don't expect Spencer back

Tuitt, who stands 6-foot-6, 322 pounds, is an ultra-talented five technique (defensive lineman who plays on the outside shoulder of the offensive tackle) with a tremendous combination of size, speed and athleticism. He flashes extraordinary snap-count anticipation and first-step quickness, which makes him difficult to block on the interior on single blocks. Tuitt complements his superior movement skills with terrific hand skills and upper-body strength. His ability to play with strength, power and leverage not only makes him an effective run defender, but it also makes him a problematic pass rusher as a defensive end in a three- or four-man front.
    When I watched Tuitt's sack reel, I was impressed with his ability to win with finesse or power on the interior. He uses a variety of moves and techniques to defeat blockers at the point of attack, which is uncommon for a young defender. The fact that he has already started to sequence his moves indicates his game could improve dramatically this season as he enters his third season at Notre Dame
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,284 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    problem is, he isn't replacing either player you have listed. Tuitt is a 3-4 DE, so in a 4-3, especially in a tampa 2, he's a DT (3 tech, like Jason Hatcher).

it would be great to land him, but 4-3 DTs have some of the highest bust rates. 3-4 NTs are pretty safe, so if u throw out the Vince Wilforks, Haloti Ngatas and other similar players, you have a lot of guys picked after the first round that are excelling (Geno Atkins, Henry Melton, Randy Starks just to name a few), so I don't know if I want a DT early.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,959 Messages
    1,640 Likes Received
    I like both Nix and Tuitt alot
  4. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received

His ability to play with strength, power and leverage not only makes him an effective run defender, but it also makes him a problematic pass rusher as a defensive end in a three- or four-man front.
  5. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,902 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    Tuitt would be a replacement for Hatcher (or Ratliff) not Ware and Spencer.
  6. Manwiththeplan

5,284 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    I can read just fine, just tell me one pass rushing DE over 300 pounds.
    Future likes this.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,720 Messages
    1,947 Likes Received
    Especially if Crawford turns out to be a player who can take Spencer's spot.
  8. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,335 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    Red Bryant in Seattle
  9. Manwiththeplan

5,284 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    and which of his 2 career sacks would lead you to name him a "pass rushing DE?"