1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Steve Smith has choice words for Rams CB Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 20, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,503 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    Take us through the touchdown, looks like you made some guys missed. "I’ll let Janoris Jenkins go over it on film on Monday."
    Did you point to him? "Yes, I directly pointed to him."
    Did you think you’d get a taunting penalty? "Don’t give a damn."
    What was the dance you did? "Well he thinks he’s Deion (Sanders). He’s not."

Did you have any run-ins with him before? "No. What I don’t like is a young guy, comes in, obviously his first time ever using the internet and Google, and he Googles information about me, talks about my wife and stuff like that. That’s kind of some of the (B.S). I just don’t play with."
    What specifically was he saying? "That’s all I’m going to say. I don’t play them games. When you try to take it personal like that, I don’t have any great humbling things to say. So he can take his (butt) back to St. Louis and watch the (expletive) film because I don’t play them games. And if I see him in the streets I’m going to bust him in his (expletive) mouth.
    On your touchdown celebration, was that a little bit extra? "When you embarrass people you rub it in their face. When your dog (urinates) on the carpet, you rub it in his face."

More: http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/steve-smith-isnt-going-to-take-guff-from-janoris-jenkins/
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,195 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I can't stand Smith.
  3. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,762 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I like Smith. The guy has been a baller his whole career.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,962 Messages
    3,911 Likes Received
    I should probably hate Steve Smith, but I actually like him. He talks the talk, but he definitely walks the walk. Don't have a lot of sympathy for Jenkins if he's talking trash about family in order to get into a guy's head.
  5. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

583 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    I believe it was last year when Steve Smith held some guy down by his facemask as he said something to him and the guy couldn't move lol Guy doesn't seem like a bad guy but definitely doesn't take bs from anyone.
  6. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,790 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Smith doesnt seem like a guy you wanna mess with!
  7. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Steve Smith is a guy I should dislike, but I like him. Probably because he's a small guy (relatively speaking) that's never taken crap from anyone.
    Idgit and sunbum like this.
  8. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,332 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Steve Smith reminds me too much of DeSean Jackson and I HATE Desean.
  9. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,808 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Wow Jenkins was talking about dudes wife? I don't blame him for getting upset....

Funny never took Jenkins as a huge **** talker....I noticed he was Dez wasn't heated at all during the rams game, I take it...He knows who to pick fights with
  10. WoodysGirl

64,503 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    Steve Smith rips Janoris Jenkins, 'he needs to wear some condoms'
    By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
    October 23, 2013 9:19 am ET

Appearing on WFNZ the Fan in Charlotte with Taylor Zarzour and Marc James, Smitty was asked about wanting to "punch [Jenkins] in his [bleeping] mouth" and while he backed down a little on the physical threats, he was clearly still furious at Jenkins. Smith was also unhappy with other members of the Rams, though he didn't specify who.

"When I go against the opponent I talk and I may say hey I beat you and any of that stuff. But I'm not going to Google a guy's wife's name and try to find out little things," Smith said. "It wasn't just him, it was other guys on that defense that was saying it. And just to go to that extent.

"I talk mess and I love talking mess and that's part of the game. But I would never walk up to a guy -- first of all I don't really know outside of watching him on video -- and Google his wife's name and her birthday and call her outside of her name and call that in the jest of sportsmanship or gamesmanship."

"That's not my deal. I take that as clear disrespect," Smith said. "I feel like when you don't respect somebody well there's nothing much left. So if I don't respect you and you don't respect me there aren't any rules, there aren't any guidelines. I didn't like that. Second of all, i'm 34 years old. You're a couple of years older than my youngest son. We're not on the same level."

More: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...s-jenkins-again-he-needs-to-wear-some-condoms
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    What's not to like about Steve Smith?

Basically, he said if you talk crap about my family, i'm going to tell you to shut your friggin mouth.. and if you think you're tough, step up and i'll put you down.

..and he walks the walk. Gotta respect a guy like that.
  12. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Isn't Jenkins trying to start his own race of people? What does he have, like 293 kids right now?
    texbumthelife likes this.
  13. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,118 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Absolutely love Steve Smith.

Win or lose, he goes on that radio show every week and takes calls from fans. Gotta respect the accountability if nothing else.

And if you talk about a man's wife you deserve to get punched in the mouth.
  14. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,582 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    I like Smith. He comes off as a guy being straight up and I can respect that.
  15. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Complete nonsense talking about another mans family, but I detest Smith. For one he never produced for my fantansy team.. Also, hasnt he actually gotten into fist fights with his own teammates of multiple occations?
  16. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,319 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Good for Smith and the rest of the Panthers for physically dominating the Rams. A lot of the Rams players were playing/talking way out of line in that game and it got worse as the Panthers started to beat them down.
    Manster54 likes this.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,207 Messages
    1,308 Likes Received
    I had not heard that Kristen, not that it is untrue, I just was not aware of it. Where did you hear that from?
  18. WoodysGirl

64,503 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    She was joking, but he does have four kids.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,207 Messages
    1,308 Likes Received
    Gotcha. Sometimes, I'm a little on the obtuse side.
  20. WoodysGirl

64,503 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    It's ok. We all have our blonde moments.