1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Steve Young's statement about Romo is so true and I hope he heard it

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    "Romo doesn't have to be the reason the Cowboys win the game but he can't be the reason why they LOSE the game."

Nobody expects Romo to have a good game every week but we do expect to see no turnovers and not 5 Int's. And that's why Steve Young's statement was so true because in this league you cannot give games away which is something Romo has been doing lately. No QB in the NFL is eligible for an extension when they have the most INT's in the league.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,994 Messages
    9,078 Likes Received
    The problem is Romo does have to be the reason we win. He can't be a bus driver. There's not enough talent on offense for that.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    No QB is the reason a team wins every week. Not even Tom Brady
  4. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Even though they were our biggest rival back in the day I have always like Steve Young. He's a class act and one of the better analysts out there right now.
  5. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If/when we fix our OL, then Romo doesn't have to be "the man" every game.

Our offense is typically one dimensional.

By the way, when was the last game our OL actually produced a consistently good pocket, the QB was not forced to scramble nearly every other snap?

The first Giants game Romo was scrambling like crazy with pressure in his face the nearly the full game, this last Giants game I don't know how many times Romo was hit, the Tampa Bay game was ugly on our OL . . . . I mean, who exactly is supposed to carry this offense?

Romo has definitely made his share of mistakes, but our OL has to share a ton of blame. And we haven't even gotten to the running game yet . . . .
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received

Here we go with the offensive line again which is not going to change so why complain about it?
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,274 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    We won 2/3 games this year with Romo playing quietly without having to pass for 300 yards and multiple TDs.

As for the OLine, come on. It's not THAT bad. It's funny how no one mentions the job the OLine does for the positives during a game when they allow Romo to have time to make a comeback.

The OLine played an average game vs. the Giants. Not good but not bad either. They gave Romo a fair amount of time...you don't make a comeback like that without having time in the pocket.
  8. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Because it is difficult to evaluate your QB (and perhaps other skill players) when you don't give them the opportunity to succeed to their fullest.

Let me say it this way, do you remember during this pre-season/TC when Garrett said that they wanted to get in better depth on the OL during the pre-season games so they could evaluate their skilled players?

They brought in McQuisten a few days later thinking that at least during the pre-season they could better evaluate some of the younger players if the OL could hold together better than the previous pre-season.

It's in a similar vein.
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I thought Romo took quite a beating the last game. But that's just my opinion.

The point I'm making is that our OL is quite bad, imo. I really don't think we can compete for anything meaningful with the way it is operating right now.
  10. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,007 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Charles Haley frowns on you and Seifert.
  11. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    :bow:
  12. CowboysFanSince88

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys miss the playoffs this year and next year with Romo having more interceptions than TD passes, the QB will get the blame not the O-line

And Romo better not get a extension if the Cowboys are not in the playoffs
  13. Risen Star

21,994 Messages
    9,078 Likes Received
    Maybe not every week but pretty close.

The Cowboys aren't winning anything unless it's on the back of Tony Romo. This was a completely idiotic comment by Young. They have no running game. They can't pass protect. Their defense is decent. The only way this team wins is if the franchise QB balls.

He's acting like Romo has the supporting cast and just needs to manage the game. That couldn't be more wrong. You know why he makes all these mistakes? Because he's trying too much. You know why he's trying too much? Because he has to. There's nobody else capable of winning a game.
  14. muck4doo

2,007 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Speaking of Haley, do fans here look at him as rent-a-player like they do with Sanders and Owens? He's in The Ring.
  15. Risen Star

21,994 Messages
    9,078 Likes Received
    I don't. He came in trade and played enough of his career here. Plus, three rings doesn't hurt.
  16. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,689 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    That is a ridiculous statement in the current NFL. How many games are won when the QB has a bad game? Not many.

More games are lost when your QB is having a good game than games are won when your QB is having a bad game.
  17. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's a reply from another thread, to the OP, that went ignored.

18. muck4doo

2,007 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Good point.
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received

No Interceptions?
  20. Risen Star

21,994 Messages
    9,078 Likes Received
    Plus did you see his reaction when he was put in the ROH? You can't tell me that didn't mean the world to him. He was like a kid in a candy store.