1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Steve Young's statement about Romo is so true and I hope he heard it

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,436 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    The turnover battle doesn't matter if a FG is made & Dez makes a fist. BTW, Romo wasn't the only player to turn over the ball last week. The one made by Felix was the worst of them all.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,238 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    Wow, I thought we had a pick 6, I guess not.
  3. Ultra Warrior

1,436 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Yeah, he did. Then he lead the team back & took the lead. Guess you missed that part of the game.
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,238 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    A pick six trumps a fumble in the middle of the field when deciding which was worse.

The defense can't do anything about a pick six.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,322 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    The problem with that line of thinking is that Romo still had to lead the offense to points with an inept running game for the Cowboys to have that shot at leading the division.

The defense saved us, but it didn't put up the points that gave Dallas the lead. Romo did by driving the offense down the field to scores.

People wanting Romo to be overly cautious don't understand that Dallas can't win by just relying on a defense that doesn't score points, a return game that doesn't score points and a running game that doesn't produce consistently.

Everyone wants Romo to cut down on his mistakes, but Dallas can't afford for him to do it by relying on others to do what it takes to get this team enough points to win.
  6. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,319 Messages
    17 Likes Received

The problem with your statement is anything Steve Young says should be disregarded.
  7. Ultra Warrior

1,436 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    I fumble trumps a pick 6 when the lead was taken AFTER the pick 6. Romo had already overcome the pick 6. He can't overcome Felix putting the ball on the ground on a drive where they could have retaken the lead.

Youngs statement was that Romo can't be the REASON why they lose games & he wasn't the REASON in this game. Had he thrown 4 INTs & we never lead at any point in the game, then you'd have a point. Thats why Romo can get heat for the loss to the Bears & Seahawks.
  8. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

599 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    How can anyone argue the difference between a harmful turnover and one that doesn't affect a game? ALL turnovers affect a game period. Just because a team seemingly overcomes a specific turnover doesn't mean it had no effect on the outcome of a game.

The Romo love by some on this board is ridiculous. Romo is an above average QB who sometimes has great games. Romo is also careless with the ball which leads to turnovers and bad mistakes. I'm ok with the sports optimist but saying that only some turnovers matter as it pertains to Romo is seriously a stretch.

Romo's best game this year came against the Giants. Unfortunately the mistakes early in the game were to much to overcome in the second half. Is Romo responsible for all of the interceptions? Of course not. But no matter what he will be credited with part of the blame. That is just the way it is in football. The starting QB will always get credit win or lose.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

He didn't overcome anything because they still LOST.

:bang2:I;m going to the toilet
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

It is ridiculous, Romo is GOD in the eyes of so many idiots on this board and leads the NFL with 13 Int's
  11. Ultra Warrior

1,436 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    because Felix coughed up the ball & Dez didn't make a fist in the endzone.
    What Romo "Overcame" was the his turnovers ( that put the Cowboys in the hole ) to take the LEAD in the game.
    I'm done with this thread. It's like talking to a brick wall of stupidity. :banghead:
  12. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I will make sure I look for you tomorrow night when Romo has another bad game