1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stock picks (players)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jul 26, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,995 Messages
    2,020 Likes Received
    I saw what they did on Talkin Cowboys and wanted to start it here. 3 rounds of stock picks on players that you think are going to suprise with their contributions.

Round 1
    Bruce Carter - Too good to not be a beast. Love how Marinelli seems to have gotten him on track. Understanding the system will go a long ways into him getting better. Im sure Lee has been working with him in the film room too.

Prediction for Carter, Probowl

Round 2
    Gavin Escobar - They are already involving him into more of the system, lining him up in the slot and outside wide. This guys IMO is going to break out this yr. Not a monster season but enough to be a factor.

Prediction 40 rec 650 yrds 8 TDs

Round 3
    Ben Gardner - Think he is going to suprise alot of people when when the hitting starts. The guy has the build of a vet already. He doesnt look like no rookie. I could def see him competing for snaps.

Prediction 6 sacks 2015 starter
    cowboyschmps3 and BigStar like this.
  2. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

925 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Great picks, a fan of all except your prediction on a probowl for Carter. Even if he has a stellar year, he will need to have a few back to back to become a household name for Joe Schmo in Montana to vote for him.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,557 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    If Escobar had 8 TDs and Ben Gardner had 6 sacks...
    I'll allow Penelope Cruz to sleep with me.

Since we're living in dream land...all aboard!

Seriously, if either (not both, either) happens, we will top 8-8 , IMO.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    CyberB0b likes this.
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    If the team is willing to put Escobar on the field regularly, he'll produce.

What I didn't understand last year was why we drafted a guy who we absolutely knew would not be adequate as a blocker (few TE coming into the league are) and refused to play him. I fully expected we'd line him up wide like you see so many TEs doing these days
  5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Crazy predictions. I don't see carter doing that or Escobar. I can see Gardner tho. With the rotations and how marinelli is with the dline I can see him MAYBE getting 4-6 sacks
    radioactivecowboy88 likes this.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,028 Likes Received
    1. carr
    2. escobar
    3. claiborne

Idk why but I believe the corners will play with a chip on their shoulders after last year.
    jday and BigStar like this.
  7. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,374 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    Claiborne, Wilcox, Holloman
    Jenky, cowboyschmps3 and BigStar like this.
  8. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    This. And throw in DLaw, who I have a sneaky suspicion may challenge for DROY.
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  9. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,207 Messages
    2,802 Likes Received
    DeMarcus Lawrence: I think he surprises in his rookie season and gets more playing time and sacks than people are thinking. A relatively easy scheme to learn and more strength than most initially thought is the basis for this prediction.

Rolando McClain: I think he sticks on the team and is a contributor in more ways than one. I don't necessarily think he'll win a starting position, but I think he is a team player and adds a physical presence in the middle in certain situations.

Ken Bishop: I think he works his way into the rotation at the 1-tech and his combination of quickness, leverage and strength allow him to be a relatively big part of the inside rotation.
    TheDallasDon and cowboyschmps3 like this.
  10. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,376 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    With Dlaws 10 and Gardners 6, thats 16. Ware replaced. Good sign. I hope this Gardner pans out. I am starting to like him.
  11. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,119 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    Selvie was a lost talent that we got lucky to fall into. Teamed with Pierre-Paul in college...Claiborne is a talent. Give him a role that fits his talent. Wilcox is the one S with that "edge" and speed needed for the position with modern TEs and receiving backs in play at a larger degree. Hope to put Church in the box and away from deep resp.
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,013 Messages
    1,899 Likes Received
    You love what Marinelli has done with Bruce Carter? Hahaha. He had his worst season as a pro last year. Terrible and you love it?
    daveferr33 and Risen Star like this.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,745 Messages
    10,041 Likes Received
    That would be huge if so.

The only thing is, if McClain is a pleasant surprise then he has to start. There's nobody else there.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,557 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    That would be Ware replaced twice.
    Sweet.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I think Rolando McClain is going to make the Cowboys have a tough decision to make on Sean Lee in the future, assuming McClain wins the MLB job this year.
  16. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,207 Messages
    2,802 Likes Received
    I know what you're saying, but I could see Durant starting with McClain working in in some situations. However, you're probably correct about that.

Here's hoping you are.
  17. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

938 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Claiborne - A lot of physical talent and has the experience now

Wilcox - same

Escobar - finally ready to contribute

Devin Street - Rookie Surprise

James Hanna - Underused as a receiver last year, Linehan was take advantage of the matchups.
  18. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,905 Messages
    634 Likes Received
  19. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,676 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Frederick - with maybe even better guard play around him and a full season under his belt he will be a pro bowler. Smart and tough as nails.

T. Williams - showed flashes and big play ability as a rookie at a position that is tough to transition into coming from college. With the attention that Dez gets T-Will is going to take off.

Matt Johnson - has nowhere else to go but up. Made of glass but has some skills. Would love to see him stay healthy to see what the kid can do.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,084 Messages
    4,560 Likes Received
    That's the best you can do? Seriously dude. Naomi Watts, Katherine Zeta Jones, and Zhang ZiYi and I'll break down and volunteer my time. A smorgasbord of fine ladies in desperate need of my attn. What can I say? I'm just an altruistic guy. :D
    DFWJC likes this.