Street Violinist Taking A 4 Year Old's Request

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

33,450 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received

Pretty good.
  2. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,308 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Good stuff.

Till this day I wish that I would have learned how to play a musical instrument. Was always too busy with sports.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

33,552 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    The Violin and Piano were the two instruments I wish I would have learned to play. My buddy that I grew up playing guitar with ended up getting a Violin for Christmas about 4 years ago.

These days I never have time for anything time consuming. I play my guitar because I can pick it up and put it down at any time. (already knowing how to play it)
  4. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Either that 4 year old knew a song I have never heard of, or the request was prompted.

Either way quite enjoyable.
  5. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Violin is one of the hardest instruments to learn to play, outside of the double reed instruments (oboe and bassoon). I played violin all through high school and was a good technical, orchestral player, but never had the panache of the gifted ones like this guy.

I played piano pretty well and I was also a percussionist in band for several years before giving it up for vocal music.

I'm hoping our daughter chooses a musical hobby at some point, naturally.
  6. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,308 Messages
    45 Likes Received
  7. DMOB

DMOB Member

482 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Way cool!
  8. bounce

bounce Well-Known Member

855 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Probably both. Black and Yellow is a pretty popular song among Steelers fans, and was pretty big when they were in the SB a couple years ago.

But, it seems prompted, too. Because he had the beat ready pretty quickly.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,354 Messages
    2,412 Likes Received
    I agree totally. I've played guitar for like 10 years - though don't claim to be anywhere even near "good" :laugh2:

I always wished I had learned to play piano or violin though...I love the way they can fit into other genres like Hip hop in the video.
    Black and Yellow was/is a major hit from Wiz Khalifa. That song was all over the place for a while, and that album, Rolling Papers, was a big time seller if I'm not mistaken.

It could have been prompted, but I would assume that the guy just knew the least enough to improv on it.
  10. Balotelli

Balotelli Benched

25 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can do that...
  11. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Thanks guys. I have never heard of that artist either.
  12. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,919 Messages
    3 Likes Received