1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: StrTgrm: Defense knows it has to step up, too

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 15, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,648 Likes Received
    BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
    chill@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- The Dallas Cowboys' defense allowed only 250 yards against the Washington Redskins in Sunday night's 13-7 loss and didn't allow a touchdown for the third consecutive regular-season game, dating to the end of the 2009 season.

And while the defense played well enough to win against the Redskins, there will be no finger-pointing at the offense.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/09/14/2468776/defense-knows-it-has-to-step-up.html#ixzz0zatIG6M1
  2. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Clarence is no mathematician.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The next step for this defense is to score points/create turnovers that give the offense the ball with good field position.
  4. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received

I don't know what else this defense has to do. They played a hell of a game against Washington and they deserved to win. Too bad for them that special teams and offense just totally let them down.
  5. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We had an interception taken away by a penalty against Newman last week. Penalty on him I believe.

I also remember McNabb throwing right into the gut of another of our guys and he dropped the ball.

We aren't a turnover creating defense for some reason. Or am I wrong? I'm not a stat person but it seems to me like every year we aren't that good in creating or causing turnovers.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I guess they're supposed to allow six points a game and score on their own as well.

Maybe we should just go back to one-platoon football. ;)
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,010 Messages
    7,758 Likes Received
    Once again, Spears is the man.
    If his play on the field merits it, please resign him, Jerry. His attitude alone sends a message.