1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sturm: Chatting Draft with Rafael Vela

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 26, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Sturm: Chatting Draft with Rafael Vela
    ByBob Sturm / Contributor
    sturm1310@aol.com | Bio
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/sturm-chatting-draft-with-rafa.html
    12:50 PM on Tue., Apr. 26, 2011 | Permalink
    This is our 3rd or 4th occasion to chat with one of my buddies who is equally obsessed with Cowboys topics - Rafael Vela of www.Cowboysnation.com.

Here is our last chance prior to the draft where we attempt to tackle a number of issues including the big talk at #9 - Do they trade up, trade down, or stay put? 3,000 words of sparring about Pick #9 and Pick #40:

Bob Sturm: OK, Well, a few days until go time and we have plenty of items to chew on with the rumors of moving up, moving down, and staying put. A wonderful time of the year, Mr Vela
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,260 Messages
    4,584 Likes Received
    Thanks...I have been waiting for this since you posted about this morning.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yw buddy :)
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    'Rafael Vela: Exactly. Sooner or later, Dallas has to fix that line. They owe Tony Romo a good, young line at some point in his career.

Bob Sturm: Ok. So, although I hear signs that the Cowboys are not as excited about Tyron Smith as I am, I am still going to operate under the theory that his choice at #9 appeals to me more than anyone else there. I feel value meets need rarely, but this seems to be a spot where best player available is exactly the same as your biggest need on your roster.'

I think that sums the vertex of opportunity for Dallas.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rafael Vela:: Peterson? If he can run, you leave him at corner. That's his calling card, right? A 219 lb. corner with 4.32 speed? Ronnie Lott moved to safety because he struggled as a corner his rookie year. I can't see spending that much on a guy to move him to safety. And again, Dallas hasn't transitioned a player to safety since Darren Woodson in 1992.

Vela needs to educate himself on Ronnie Lott. Lott was a Pro Bowl cornerback his first four seasons in the league, including his rookie season (7 picks and 3 TDs).
  6. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't heard that or read that regarding Smith. I think he is a player who interests them - though he may not be the pick end of the day.
  7. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I really enjoy their chats. Hopefully they'll have something together right after the draft as well.