1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: Sturm: Email Bag: Running to Win or Running after Win?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 10, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

23,722 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    Email Bag: Running to Win or Running after Win?

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/

... I love advanced metrics. I love statistics. I love thinking about new ways to strike down old myths.

I love all of these things, so what you are about to read may be problematic.

In baseball, if I read something from Fangraphs, I generally am not fact-checking. I take them at their word because they immerse themselves in baseball all summer long. I don't. I immerse myself in baseball for 3 hours at a time, but certainly not for weeks or months at a time like those dudes.

But, football? That's my jam.

So, I want to read your theories and your premises, but they have to pass my tests of observation and study. I am watching football nearly 12 months a year and almost every day inside those 12 months in some form or fashion.

I want to hear your statistical study, but I am also attending a coaching clinic, talking to scouts, and watching film on my own...

FuzzyLumpkins likes this.