1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Sturm: Morning After

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gaede, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    http://sturminator.blogspot.ca/

Great article, again.
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No question. This is the most offensive line I've ever seen. I'd love to have our 2010 line back.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    not according to Jerruh
  4. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,724 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    I guess Sturm is not in complete agreement with Jerry. Or maybe they were watching different games.
  5. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we really should stop acting as if Jerry truly believes everything that comes out of his mouth.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,858 Messages
    7,580 Likes Received
    Always a good read.
  7. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,856 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Great article.
  8. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,562 Messages
    214 Likes Received

Could someone forward this artical to the Cowboy's front office ?

We were all screaming in the off season for Offensive line upgrades !
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,814 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Great read and spot on points, both positive and negative.

In talking about the short vs deep passing game. I just always wonder why JG can not balance anything out. He seems to have to go all in, one way or another. He's always been that way. THe half time adjsutment back to the short game is good but it why does it take 30minutes to see what is working?

Also, please run a screen or roll out. Just try it, cant be any worse than the 7 sacks.
  10. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,345 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Yeah, but saying something that is so contrary to what everyone else sees isn't putting a positive spin on anything. Nothing constructive comes out of saying such a thing. At worst, it does make him look like he is utterly clueless about this team, about the game of football in general. At best, it makes him look disingenuous, not to be trusted, someone who simply refuses to acknowledge mistakes.

So if he doesn't believe it, and if there isn't anything positive than can come from spinning a tale, why do it?
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    because that is what he does. we have seen it over and over for years.
  12. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,345 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    But he just destroys his credibility in doing so, which means people will take what he says with a grain of salt. Like the boy who cried wolf, lie enough and people won't take you seriously anymore. Why would someone who so desperately wants to be known for being a good football mind who can be a very positive force in putting together a team damage his credibility like this?

Maybe it's the whole "yes man" thing -- surround yourself with enough of these people, and you really do lose touch with reality. Maybe he actually believes that fans are still buying into what he's saying because there is no one around him telling him otherwise, no one to tell him that he is making himself look like an absolute fool? Man, what a bubble that must be.
  13. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    people SHOULD take what he says with a grain of salt. I have for years. I don't believe he has any credibility to be damaged.
  14. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Wow, this article sums up my feeling on the Cowboys 2012 OL.

Many of us saw this coming, and we had our fingers crossed .... But it is what it is.
  15. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,020 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    ok....if we should stop believing what comes out of his mouth....should we then believe what he actually does? The fact that in the prime of the careers of Romo, Ware, Witten, Ratliff etc....we have ONE.....ONE OL...that could find a starting job in a quality organization...should we look at that as proof that he believes in this OL?
  16. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    huh? of course not. why would the fact that we have one OL who could start somewhere else prove that jerry believes in this OL?
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    Sturn has been consistently good this year; really enjoy reading his stuff, even if the truth hurts.
  18. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Article sent a chill down my spine as to the possible hopelessness of our future under jerruh. Cowboys are like the little dutch boy trying to plug holes in the dike. They will get the o line fixed and it will be time to replace romo ware and witten. Round and round it goes
  19. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,252 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    I don't which prospect I find more troubling--that it had to get this bad before the Cowboys realized they had serious problems along their offensive line, or that the Cowboys thought they could remedy their problems with Bernadeau, Livings, and Costa.
  20. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Think part two is most scary! Question is does the front office just think they are smarter than everybody else that Livings et al is a viable upgrade