1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Sturm: Why Cowboys Fans Are Victims of Their Own Memories

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,334 Messages
    3,564 Likes Received
    There is nothing worse than being mediocre. Nothing. It is like purgatory. Especially with our leadership.

It is a constant litany of "wait till next year" but there is always some excuse.

I guess that is what I am most tired of. I am tired of the salesmanship, hype and just complete feelings of hopeless that comes with repeating the same things, over and over and over again.

Sorry, that does not inspire me to believe that golly gee whiz, one year, we won't be crippled by injuries, "bad luck" or whatever other nonsense is spun to excuse winning and losing intermittently. but absolutely every time at the end.

It is almost time to welcome a true losing season where you can at least hope that someone breaks the monotony.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,679 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Excellent post.
  3. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Certainly nothing wrong with your approach; in fact it probably adds years onto your life. But at the same time, I don't think there are many fans that view things this way.
  4. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

741 Messages
    263 Likes Received
  5. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

741 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    At least he's not deleting some your your quite in his reply making it look like you said something totally different and inappropriate in order to make you look bad. Then childishly saying "I'm ignoring you" after you pose a question that makes his arguments look very bad.

I'm also surprised this was allowed. He made it look like I said "F his team" by deleting part of my post in the quoted part.
  6. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I have moments after a tough loss when I rant, rave and want to fire everyone. The difference now is I get over the game quicker. How much of that is the Cowboys pitiful record and the sense they might never win another meaningful game? It crosses my mind.
  7. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Just a purty picture.
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,463 Messages
    1,117 Likes Received
    This post should be hung at the top of every page on this forum for all to see daily when they come here.

Stash - Best....Post....Ever
    mrmojo and Zordon like this.
  9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,273 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Sturm.... please, just stop...
  10. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,384 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    Competitive??? Haha... What do Cowboys fans that are under age 19 know about the Cowboys being a good franchise? Sometimes I wonder about "old" Cowboys fans , and why they think the past 18 years is ok because of the success of Jimmy and his team in the early 90's....
  11. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,480 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    This is how I feel.... don't mind being bad if it leads to being good.
    Once Romo is gone we are looking at 5 and 11 for many years, unless Jerry gets out of the way.
  12. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,796 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    This cannot be understated. Once Romo is gone the guy who brought in Quincy, Drew and Hutch is back in charge of of finding a new franchise QB, this time without Parcells or Payton. Finding a QB in this league is easily 70-80% of winning now.

Get ready for the parade of ex-baseball players and bargain bin draft picks..
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,217 Messages
    1,965 Likes Received
    And Jerry telling the fans that Opie is coming back regardless of how many games we lose really is not helping things either.

Just check out that thread...........most of the fans are already writing off next season...........then folks wonder why we are not excited about the team.
  14. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Active Member

561 Messages
    227 Likes Received

Doesn't have to be that way, We gotta lot of promising young players right now.........
    Go 3-13 next year without, romo, witten, ware, spencer......any of the old guard. Gut the house. !!!!

The can go play for other teams and probably do well......

Now......we draft a QB in the 1st and one in the second! Bring in some old baseball players. Backups, free agents.....etc etc. and we find ourselves a franchise QB,

2 seasons.......3-13, 5-11, and then a very very tough 10-6 team coming into thy playoffs with no experience but a tug hardnosed team that can compete with whoever is on the othersise.
  15. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I'd love to talk some sense into Sturm for this column.

Sorry buddy, your drinking friend is on the OUTS.