1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Suddenly now we have to monitor the border?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Apr 27, 2009.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
  2. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Should we have even let Obama back over the border after shakeing hands with a fellow that died a short time later from presumeably the swine flu??????:cool:
  3. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Naw, Napoliatano or whatever her name is doesn't think we need to monitor anything.

Seriously, we need to quit trying to appease people who are not even US citizens and start taking care of our own.
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I agree... TERRIBLE idea...

I fly to Vancouver tomorrow where they have two cases. Both men were in Mexico last week from what I read, so we are dropping the ball on this one...
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Obama needs to step up and act Presidential. The vast majority of Americans including legal immigrants want the borders controlled. The swine flu is not going to wipe us out but it is symptom of a ever growing problem. The diseases being dragged up here should be a concern for everyone.

Obama said he is ordering passive checks at border crossings and airports. How about the millions of illegals coming up to work the crops?

Why should my family be put at risk for tuberculosis or some super potent flu because the government will not live up to one of it's basic responsibilities?

Obama get a F so far on this topic. Just as Clinton the Bush's and even my favorite pres in my lifetime Ronald Reagan did.

If Obama truly secured our borders he would be a shoe in in the next election.
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My piglet is running a fever.

[IMG]
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    We constantly monitor our boarders we just don't do much to stop anyone. We have some high tech camera who watches them come across all the time.
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    My secretary flew to Cabo today, if she gets swine flu and dies, I will kill her ;)

It is probably more panic than anything right now but everyone is talking about swine flu and with every death, every person coming back from holiday there, the story grows.
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    To me, common sense should rule... caution over diplomacy...
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    caution is one thing, paranoia is another

30000+ Americans die from the flu every year, 4000 Canadians, should we get paranoid over a few cases?
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    would depend on how much more of a risk that would be on the incoming virus, wouldn't it?

what if it made 30k, 60k? 100k?

what if you or your family, without even shopping at the known hispanic walmart, came down with it - you more worried now?

death doesn't know social ladders, son.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    I must really have hit a nerve with you and made you feel badly about your wardrobe, you mention WalMart all the time.

At the end of the day, you cannot be paranoid. If you want to be paranoid, fine, go ahead. I choose not to live in fear.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    actually your posts show paranoia and fear constantly.
  14. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    heh - you hit some nerves but it had nothing to do with where i or anyone shops. fyi - i shop at king size plus for the best fit.

at the end of the day, the money you spent for your thong doesn't make you a better person. if you feel it does, go ahead. i choose not to worship the $.