1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Jan 2, 2013.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    A few players to watch in this one.

Safety Matt Elam is the first to watch for me.

Center Mario Benavides is one of my sleepers this draft

DL Sharrif Floyd

OT Xavier Nixon
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    One word Bridgewater. I thought Clowney was lock for the top pick in 2014 not anymore. Besides being talented, Bridgewater is tough as nails. That shot he took from Bostik might have been the hardest hit I saw all year.
  3. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Bridgewater is a great player and a QB I wouldn't mind Dallas drafting next year. I am a big Charlie Strong fan and watch many of his games. I don;t think Bridgewater will be NFL ready day one but a few years to develop he could be very good.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Shariff Floyd/DT/Florida will enter the draft after tonight's game...very likely Jordan Reed/TE also opts for the NFL....
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  5. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Bridgewater would be the #1 pick this yr if he was eligible
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    I agree with that 100%. on the other hand Florida QB play is so bad it defies words. They had one of the best defenses I saw this year and Teddy is killing them.
  7. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    That he would. I like Bridgewater but saying he would be #1 pick this year doesn't say much.
  8. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,108 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Is Elam projected as a 1st round pick?? It looks like there will be plenty of nice options at safety in this draft if Elam declares with names like Vacarro-Reid-Jefferson-Thomas-McDonald... If we sign a guard like Levitre in the offseason, I am willing to bet our 1st & 2nd round picks will be safety-dline. Then go center-guard in the 3rd.. I know the o-line should be a priority, but if you can get a playmaking safety behind Carr & MO, it would be great to get one of those guys
  9. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Elam as of now is a late 1st 2nd round prospect. My only problem with Elam is he isn't a wrap up tackler but a shoulder hitter

Also you have to look for a OT as well. Have to many positions along the OL that need to be fixed that we cannot do it all in one draft.

Levitre will be resigned, I hope not but all the words in Buffalo say he will.
    Slauson might be our only hope for a FA OG.
  10. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

I like Elam, but we have seen wayyyyyy to much of this lately. Such a big pet peeve of mine.
  11. TheFinisher

2,454 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    He's incredibly advanced for a sophomore
  12. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Mine too. One of the reasons I like Reid and Shawn Williams so much.
  13. TheFinisher

2,454 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Depends on who you ask.

Curious as to why you don't think Teddy will be NFL ready day one when he has at least another year left in college and his greatest asset is how quickly he has developed. He is considered extremely advanced for a sophomore QB, you rarely see sophs get handed the freedom and keys to the offense like Bridgewater has been given and succeed like he has.
  14. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    He might next year, I was just saying as of right now. I'm talking about dry one ready to dominate line Luck and RG3.

He isn't a great pocket passer and needs more time IMO to be able to read a defense and make accurate throws. I think he can as soon as he adapts to NFL speed. Maybe one more year he will improve on those things and be day one ready.

I like his potential and see great things with him, but right now I dont see RG3, Luck, or any other day one ready to dominate.
  15. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,008 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Some Qb just have the touch,Bridgewater has it and will make a impact as a rookie in the NFL.
  16. chuch

chuch Member

40 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bridgewater is a far better pure pocket passer then RG3. His touch and accuracy are phenomenal. His pocket presence and foot work are good not perfect. His play fake is second to none on this level. Louisville has a playbook and runs a pro style offense. All reports say he' s a Stand up guy. He's not as athletic as RG3 but outside of that I don't know what else there is to look for from a sophomore QB prospect. He's still not more ready than Luck but he was a red shirt junior.
  17. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Bridgewater is the next elite QB prospect. He just looks natural out there compared to Geno Smith, who looks too robotic sometimes and doesn't have as good footwork.
  18. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,108 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Yeah, if we fall on our face in 2013 which I hope doesn't happen... Then Jerry would have to do whatever it took to draft this kid.. Hoping the 2013 Cowboys team is ready to take the next step though
  19. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Trade Romo. Suck under Orton. Use the Romo trade value to move up for Bridgewater.
  20. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

574 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Didn't realize Matt Elam is Abe Elam's lil brother. Definitely see the resemblance now.

Only big question to me is his height, especially if it's slightly exaggerated like a lot of college players. Wouldn't be surprised to see him available a little lower than his current projection.