1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sunday Combine Thread

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Avery, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Either NFL Network or the web: http://www.nfl.com/combine/live
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I guess that's not really surprising. There is no bigger platform then the combine and combining that with the fast track would lead to some pretty impressive numbers.

I know some schools let them run on the track and you would have to figure those are the ones that fit into that 20% or so.
  3. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received

If that's the case then I'd be sitting on these times at my pro day, and just run skill drills.

I'm thinking I'd rather have Charles over Johnson. CJ just looks too slim to me. He's built like a wideout.

Either way, I'm going to pitch a hissy fit if we dont' try and get Rice if he's there in the second round.
  4. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I just really like the Westbrook type talent Johnson brings but I would not complain if we landed either one of them.

You talk about Rice in the 2nd, you think it would be to much of a stress at 28 in round 1? Basically it's only 3 picks from the 2nd round this year and with him posting good numbers I'm not sure he is not legitimate 1st round material now.
  5. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,770 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Oh God, Schefter just started the McFadden to Dallas rumors up again.

I think I'm gonna go run my head into a wall.
  6. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I want to punch that little Schefter piece of **** in the face right now.
  7. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that's not true at all
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I wish it would die. It's to much to give up unless McFadden drops out of the top 10
  9. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

He's still pimpin that Miami deal isn't he? Like a little ankle biter, he won't let it go:D
  10. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Well technically no but I think a majority of people hope Jones would not sell the farm to make it possible.
  11. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ah my boy CJ 4.24 has to be a record of some sort =)
  12. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I thought they said it was the 2nd fastest recorded time in history. I will admit, it did not help my disturbing case of man love for him.
  13. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,504 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    One must consider the possibility of trading up for DMac...I'm against it, but if JJ would give up two #1's for Joey Galloway, then it's not that much of a stretch to admit JJ doing it for DMac is also a possibility.
  14. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    lol CJ speed second to none in this draft every1

:bow:
  15. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No theres not. Over 40 yards, someone who runs 1/10 of a second faster than another player will be 1.5 yards ahead. So the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.6 is about 4.5 feet. The difference between a 4.27 and 4.33, over 40 yards, is less than 2.5 feet. Not a big difference at all.

*this is based on something I saw on TV last year, leading up to the combine so I haven't done the math on it myself. I'll check it later today.
  16. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You know, Ray Rice may have done enough today to be the 4th RB taken like you were talking about.
  17. JPTEXAS

JPTEXAS New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Johnson ran a 4.24. so it would be about a tenth difference 4.5 ft is 1.5yards...which is 1.5 steps...Even Deon said 1 step is alot.
  18. Hong2221

Hong2221 Member

172 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i hope our 2nd 1st round pick is good enough to pick rice! If it's not Rice or Stewart I do not want a RB...
  19. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    It's just about a yard. I guess at most positions it's not that big of a deal but if we were talking WR and CB it would come down to the old saying. If your even your leaving. That 2.5 feet would be huge.

Thanks for the break down though, I never saw that.
  20. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Huh? I was just responding to the guy who said that McFadden's first time was significantly better than his second. I wasn't talking about Chris Johnson at all. But anyways, a "step" which is really a stride, is on average is about 2.7 yards for an athlete thats 6 feet tall.

So you have to be about .175 slower than someone else to be a step behind. .175 seconds is a significant difference, that's why being behind by a "step" is a lot.