1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sunday early games thread

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dexternjack, Dec 1, 2013.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,815 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    Officiating is weighing heavily in this Bears Vikings game as well.
  2. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,791 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    haha I take that back. Viks are so dumb.
  3. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,145 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Vikings kick winning FG, but refs call face mask on offense and 15 yard penalty that negates it. Replay didn't show any facemask. Vikings then miss 55 yard FG. Bears ball.
  4. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    yep just watched the Cardinals get robbed & now the Vikings are about to get a win taken away.. man this is another sad day for NFL fans who love to watch a fair game.
  5. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,222 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    Weak. The games have integrity (for the most part).
    You ever referee a live game?
    Hard as ****.
    So many things to try to look out for with so many players and so many things happening all at once so fast.
    Mistakes will happen every single game. There is no avoiding it.
    Most of those guys are vetted into oblivion to make sure there is no bias.

Whining about the refs is like someone stubbing their toe and asking for crutches. Weaklings do that.

They are nowhere near perfect and there may one or two bad apples trying to sway points for gambling purposes, but the LAST thing the NFL wants is a refereeing scandal...

Let me repeat- The LAST thing the NFL wants is a referee scandal. It would be a catastrophic nightmare if it came out that the league was dictating games.
    Secrets are hard to keep- especially when someone can make a boatload from doing the leaking. Think about that.

I laugh at people who cry about refs. If their team was good enough- refs don't matter.

Real-talk. Truth-speak. Get over the refs. Man...
  6. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,791 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    and bears miss their FG
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,735 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    I'm rooting for anther Vikings tie.
  8. DEMARC0MURRAY29

DEMARC0MURRAY29 Active Member

267 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    You guys realize how hard it is to ref a professional game? Jesus...
  9. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Get real dude, when you see 2 holding calls on Arizona that keeps the ball out of their hands & then 2 obvious PI's on Philadelphia on Arizona's last drive that aren't called, you would understand the whining.. Plus Philadelphia got bailed out with a PI in the endzone at the end of the half on a ball uncatchable that set them up at the 1 for an easy TD. This crap you are talking about with the "If their team is good enough, refs don't matter" Everything matters in the freakin NFL with a league full of parity, it is hilarious that you are trying to excuse this mess today.
    Everson24 likes this.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,735 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    I still don't know how a power outage in a Superbowl only benefits one team. Plus I don't consider Ray Lewis to be an authority on conspiracies.
    Wonderboyromo likes this.
  11. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,831 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    As fans, all we have left is hoping for a legit game to be called by the refs...and now that is being taken away like everything else. I used to watch the NBA...not anymore. Football will be harder to give up but it is just a game in the end. If it can't be called fair than why even bother?
  12. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,145 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Vikings win 23-20
  13. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,222 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    OK- The NFL is basically one giant WWE gig and we are all just watching a joke. It's basically all scripted, right?
    Those players on the field? They're getting paid millions for nothing because they don't affect the outcome of the game- the league and their refs do. What was I thinking?
    That's why those refs get paid so much... I should have known.

Gambling on games should now be a breeze if you have a good contact that can tell you what the weekly NFL mandate is. I bet the Italian mafia would love to get in on this.
    What do you mean they don't know about it? I thought they would be at the center of it all.

Yup. I'm ridiculous...

Those refs want Philly to win REAL BAD. I need to get my happy butt over to NYC to the NFL HQ and get in good with someone who puts in those mandates.

I'll make a mint in one week. Maybe you should look into it too.
    DEMARC0MURRAY29 likes this.
  14. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,347 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Eagles have won 4 in a row, Foles has thrown 19 TDs in row without interception. They are getting hot at the right time , especially defense. Boys have to take care of business , it looks like the last game will be of importance.
  15. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,222 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    Do the owners know about this too?
    Do you think they care?
    Would you care as an owner?
    You really think this would fly by a group of competitive billionaire egomaniacs?
  16. hornitosmonster

3,831 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    It happened in the NBA. You telling me it can't happen in the NFL?
  17. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,222 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    That ref was doing what he did for gambling purposes- not mandates from the NBA on who wins games. Slight difference.

And that is ONE outlier, not the norm. In a completely different league where refs are even more important.

You must have missed my original reply to you where I said there are always a few bad apples trying to point shave for gambling reasons?

Come up with something I can't sacrificially slaughter like a lamb.
  18. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

5,602 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Regarding the Bears loss, do you guys think that hurts our chances, helps them, or doesn't matter?
  19. hornitosmonster

3,831 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    So you admit it can happen. Point is that you don't know.
    Corso likes this.
  20. hornitosmonster

3,831 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    helps our chances since the Vikings are pretty much out of it.