1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sunday weather

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jzcowboy, Dec 6, 2012.

1. erod

erod Well-Known Member

3,925 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    They have FieldTurf. The footing won't be affected at all, and there will be no mud.

Which quarterback is better at throwing a wet football? That, and a greater likelihood of fumbles, will be the only effect.
  2. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

635 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Even with FieldTurf, they don't keep up on it very well. The Brown's love to find ways to cut costs. The field will still be very saturated, I still think that favors us.
  3. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    Yeah unless they've installed it as a roof and regardless of if it is expensive or inexpensive any rain is going to slow the rush for both teams.
  4. Matt

Matt Member

672 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We played them in the mid - late 90's and it was pouring rain over there.
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    If it does rain like hell it can affect the passing game and that wouldn't bode well for the Cowboys who can move the ball through the air but not on the ground. Murray will help but he isn't 100% so we'll have to see how effective he will be. Cinn on the other hand has a pretty good running game that ranks 11th and the Cowboys defense has struggled against the run the past 2 games giving 100 yard games to 2 rookie backs.

I could see Cinn having a lot of success on the ground and if they do it's going to be a long day for the Cowboys. Having difficulty stopping the run could open up some deep ball opportunities to AJ Green.
  6. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,543 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    We're in section 340. Not sure if that's close to you. I'm pretty sure we are on the 50 yard line.