1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Super Bowl is still a possibility

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboys102030, Nov 13, 2012.

1. cowboys102030

cowboys102030 Member

285 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The Super Bowl is still a possibility for the Cowboys this season.

Is it a good or bad thing that we're still in the race this point of the season? 4-5 is not a good record, but it's still acceptable given the oppositions records. It gives fans like me hope. But at the same time, the stage is set for another Cowboys late season disappointment. The Cowboys do just enough to stay in the hunt, but then fail in dramatic fashion...

And if the Cowboys are contending late in the season, that might give Jerry reason to keep Jason Garrett around. Whereas at 3-6, Jason Garrett would be all but gone.

I still feel excited though. The Super Bowl is a pipe dream. But there were so many times this season that this team felt inept, this team felt so horribly coached, the players were making stupid mistakes, nothing could go right... and yet here we are, middle of the season, and the Super Bowl remains a possibility. Being a fan of a consistent 8-8 team leads to some bipolar ways of fandom for me. Anger, frustration, then excitement, hope. It's an endless cycle. :(
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,955 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    That's where you are wrong.
  3. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,387 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    That's where you're correct. It would be easier if we would just downright stink or be excellent. This generational tepidity is killing a lot of us. In fact, I would venture to guess that most fans are apathetic at this point, not wanting to "believe" because our hopes and dreams have been dashed for so long. I know I'm that way.

I think I even saw the apathy begin in Romo for the first time this past game while watching him on the sideline. It almost looked like he had accepted his fate to be the leader of a mediocre team that sometimes couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Then his instincts kicked back in and he made the plays he needed to in order to keep the team in contention.

It reminds me of the bible passage that says, "I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."

Lukewarm is especially dangerous with a guy like Jerry Jones as it keeps him believing that there is hope with him at the helm. It also keeps you in the middle selections in the draft, keeps Jerry thinking that they're one "playmaker" away from greatness so he reaches or makes poor trades, makes okay players look better than they are which leads to premature contract offers that are too high for the player's value, etc... The list goes on and on.
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,270 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Don't do it friend. :cool:
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,807 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    I don't think so but I don't want to crush your dreams.
  6. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,662 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Hahahahaha
  7. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,872 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    And now that Selena Gomez is single I have a shot at her. About the same shot as the Cowboys have at winning the Super Bowl.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,027 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    It's the state of the league. This is a far inferior product than what we had 20 years ago.

I personally hate FA and the salary cap because of it, but it does keep more teams in it.
  9. sandtrapjack

sandtrapjack New Member

14 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Super Bowl? Really? And if you believe that, I have some beachfront property in Death Valley I'd like to sell you.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,896 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Not even on my radar screen right now. Cowboys need to start playing better ball and get themselfs into post season if they can do that then i will start to look at our chances for bigger and better things. Talking SB right now is a bit silly
  11. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  12. fweegy

fweegy Active Member

760 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    So is Texas withdrawing from the Union.
  13. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Wow. Just wow.
  14. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    C'mon, man, why would we even be discussing super bowl at this point. Let's take it game by game and try to string together some wins first. Jeez.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,027 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    This is my most enjoyable week of the season, because I know we're going to beat the Browns.

I know any given Sunday and all that jazz but we won't drop this game. The only question is do we stomp them or is it one of those ugly Tampa Bay-like performances.
  16. Boys122

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I agree in part, but when have we really blown out anyone? I don't think we have it in us.

Think about it we're playin' in an amusement park the next three games. I'd prefer to be on the road. We can at least hear our fans.
  17. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Prefer on the road as well. This new POS stadium hasn't been kind to Dallas at all.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,896 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    It is not the stadium, the field is the same measurements as any other stadium. As Jimmy once said good team will beat you anywhere. Home, road or in a parking lot.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,652 Messages
    2,788 Likes Received
    It took one victory to start the Superbowl talk. And I had my money on 'two.' I feel silly.
  20. Boys122

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    You could've fooled me. It sounds like a funeral at our home games. Sorry.