1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Super Bowl is still a possibility

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboys102030, Nov 13, 2012.

1. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,108 Messages
    1,658 Likes Received
    Our offense is pathetic. We won't get 3 special teams/defensive TDs again this season. The Giants can probably turn it on and get going in December like they usually do. Their offense has actually produced at times this season.
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I understand that, but I just think it's ridiculous that people act like the Cowboys don't have a shot at the Super Bowl when that's clearly not the case.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,720 Likes Received
    Honestly I don't know of any FA WR that could help us. I don't think Dallas will bring in a player unless it is due to injury and your more likely to get someone off the PS than off the street.

The team we have is pretty much the guys who will have to step up and make the plays. Myself I think our WR are very capable and some of the younger WR I think will get more oppertunities as they have a better understanding of the offense.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,720 Likes Received
    True, Cowboys and a host of others still have a chance.

I know any sport I played that is all I was looking for was a chance what they do with this chance is on them.

The win over Philly combined with the Loss by NY has opened a door and Cowboys have to go out and make it happen.

Right now SB is not even on my mind, for me I want to see this team start playing up to their ability and make a real run for the post season. If you get there I'll be more willing to talk about the possibility of a SB
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    So with you on this.
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,849 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :lmao:
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    We got a reprieve from the governor this past weekend, .. but we have to start playing better and smarter football consistently or it won't matter.

If we stop beating ourselves, I may start to wonder about winning the Division.
  8. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I agree, anything can happen. It makes cheering for my team even more fun.

However, youre going to catch some heat from all the "Cowboy Guru" types due to their fear of looking like fools if it did actually did happen.

Those who say:
    -JG is garbage
    -Trade Dez, he hurts the team
    -Witten is done (there were many after his poor game)
    -We need Gruden
    -DeMarco is a bust with his injury issues
    -Jerry Jones will never win
    -Romo cant win
    -Ratliff is done, he is too small
    -Lord Payton will save this team
    THE LIST GOES ON lol

Who knows, maybe they are right. I still grasp for hope this season and honestly feel as if this team is yet to hit its stride.... but its coming. The idea of winning the SB seems far fetched and perhaps it is, but with every win Dallas takes a step toward the goal.

How sweet it will be.
  9. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

IM surprised this post took this long after the win last week.. I was waiting for this one..
  10. WV Cowboy

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    I do have some hopes that maybe we can string some wins together and do something this season as far as making the playoffs.

But I really have no confidence at all that we can play well enough, long enough, to win the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl this season.
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,056 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    I'd be very happy if we played with consistency and confidence against the Browns on Sunday.

1) 2 possession lead going into the half.
    2) 0 pre-snap penalties
    3) some modicum of 3rd receiver development
    4) Mo rebound from a terrible showing
    5) sticking with running game if working
    6) step up in QB pressure
  12. WV Cowboy

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    Yes, that would be a wonderful thing, .. a great change.

I would love to just see us take care of business.
  13. tiny tim

tiny tim Member

309 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    When you say Super Bowl do you mean the Cowboys getting there or that the Cowboys might win it?
  14. tiny tim

tiny tim Member

309 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Even if you are 8-0 and playing a team that is 0-8 even that game can be hard to win because it's the NFL and all 32 teams are very good. But all the same I am still kinda happy with the teams that the Cowboys will be playing. But at the same time I still know that it's hard to get a win in the NFL even if you are playing a so called bad NFL team.
  15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,609 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    You win one game against a bottom-feeder, where their offense outscores yours, and now we can make it to the Super Bowl.
  16. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Wonderful post, great info, the best part was when you went into detail to prove your point. Im going to review, print out, and save all 33k of your posts to read to my great grand children.

Anyway OP, who knows what will happen. The chips are not stacked in our favor. Obviously the Cowboys still have a losing record to dig out of and Dallas has a history of shooting their own foot. Im sure most fans have taken notice of the good signs this team has shown but the mistakes have over shadowed the positives. This team is fortunate to be in the position it is in with the division being a bit weak and needs to take full advantage of the situation. A strong victory against Cleveland will do well for confidence and perhaps even have this team firing on all cylinders for the home stretch.
    Initially I balk at the idea of claiming this team SB capable by being a realist, but the strong homer in me has me putting on the rally cap.
    One game at a time, one game at a time.
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,609 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    I'll save you time ms/mr TTTT. We suck, and now folks think we can make it to the Super Bowl. And obviously you need a more detailed explanation of why we suck, other than your eyes.

Stick around Jr, you'll get plenty from me since you obviously are lost.
  18. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Awesome! Another post to add to the testament of Clove.

You must be a salty vet of a Cowboy fan and have crashed on Golden Richards couch... back in the good ole days.

Clearly the thread starter was pointing that that the division is weak and though its a long shot, there is a small window for the team.
    There is really not need to be ugly with underhanded sarcastic remarks. If it makes you feel better by slamming your fingers into that keyboard in a attempt to sound clever, get after it.

Have a good night.