1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Super Bowl XLVII - 49ers vs. Ravens Game Thread..

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sarge, Feb 3, 2013.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Pay no attention to that guy.

Fans who sell there tickets to the visiting team deserve no attention.

It tells you all u need to know.
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,192 Messages
    1,883 Likes Received
    Turned out to be a good one. SF probably should have won if it were not for those four questionable play-calls at the end of the game. I thought I was watching our offense there for a minute.
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,442 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    That's nothing new. I was rooting against the Steelers ever since they won their 2nd (it didn't help, they had us beat by 1979). Then the 49ers started winning multiple Super Bowls in the 80s and I've been rooting against them ever since!
  4. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,078 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Playoffs in general were probably the best in a while.
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,094 Messages
    977 Likes Received
    Hopefully, we won't have any "Is Flacco better than Romo" threads. :pray:
  6. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Inject me with sodium pentathol and I'd probably say the same thing, but I don't see the point of inserting it in this thread. No need whatsoever.
  7. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,015 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Cowboys seem sooooo far off after you watch those two teams.
  8. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The game ended up being better than I thought it was. Still it would have been better if we won. I know refs don't like to make calls that decide a game of this magnitude, but that was indeed holding on Crabtree.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,104 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    I completely agree. I don't care that the 49'ers lost, but I do think that was a blatant hold and it should have been called. Sucky way for a superbowl to end.
    The Ravens wouldn't have even argued if the hold was called.
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Crabtree was pushing off just as much as he was being held.

It was a good no call.
  11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Don't agree at all. Replays showed initial hold within 5 yards and a massive Crabtree pull down and push off helmet by Crab. Ball also landed on an upward arc past the white out of bounds line...uncatchable. Great non call. I was peeved at blackout. Momentum changer. To me right team won and there was no controversy.
  12. wileedog

10,078 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    I think it would have been a pretty ticky tack call, as most of the contact occurred within 5 yards and he didn't obviously change Crabtree's direction with the any holding. Plus Crabtree pushed off as well.
  13. MachPilot

MachPilot Member

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with the above poster. The Cowboys seem so far away from both those organizations. From coaching, heart, qb's ... all of it..

After watching Flacco's entire playoff run, there is just no way in hell Romo would have not stumbled at some point.

That's what hurts most of all. It's like losing you're defeated before you start..

Hats of to Flacco. He's endured a lot of crap especially from people on these forums. He just shut everyone up.

Grats to the Ravens. Top notch organization. Thanks Jerry. Hope it hurts..

Doc
  14. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,095 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I will never understand the fascination with the end zone fade. Appears to be a fairly low success probability play...or maybe that's just the case in the games I watch.
  15. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,634 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Im glad the game didn't end on a penalty. Let them play. It's the Super Bowl. The ball was uncatchable.
  16. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Overall, the refs did a great job. They did miss Ed Reed coming across early on the two point conversion try but other than that and the Crabtree call I didn't see any bad calls.

The 49ers are their own worst enemy always starting off too slow. They did it against Atlanta and this time it bit them. Perhaps it's a circumstance of getting outcoached in the first half of games? I mean they play stellar in the second half but play like scrubs in the first half. I can't figure these guys out.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Ed Reed timed that perfect. He did NOT come across early.
  18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Agree. Horrible and low percentage. I'd rather get a guy like Kaep running play action 4 plays straight, using the TE and crossing routes.
  19. wileedog

10,078 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    I'm with you, especially calling it on 4th down with the Superbowl on the line.
  20. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,104 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    You can't hold a player when the ball is in the air like Smith did. That was a hold clear as day. The ball was catchable had he not been held. Let me guess, you were rooting for the Ravens so the 49ers wouldn't get their 6th superbowl before the Cowboys?