1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Super Bowl XLVII - 49ers vs. Ravens Game Thread..

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sarge, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,741 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    I disagree, and Crabtree initiated the contact and was pushing off as well. Why should he get the call? Ref did the right thing keeping the flag in his pocket.

Honestly don't really care enough to keep arguing it, so whatever.
  2. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

231 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Exactly. That was another missed call. If the league is going to preach player safety then they need to be consistant with their calls.
  3. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

231 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No he wasn't pushing off. He was trying to get separation from the mugging he was getting from Smith. There was no pushoff that I seen.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    After seeing the level of coaching today I feel so hopeless as a fan of our team.

Seriously.. What is Jerry doing guys? What is our direction?
  5. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

231 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Flacco was at that point a runner once he left the pocket. Contact was made prior to him going out of bounds and the defender just followed through on the tackle.
  6. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

438 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    It was clearly holding. Sure, sometimes they go uncalled, but I think it has more to do with refs not wanting to make such huge calls in that situation. Pretty big issue in sports IMO. Call the game the same throughout the entire game.
  7. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,053 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    That play was just as close as the "holding" on 4th down. Both could have gone either way.
  8. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

438 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I thought it was a late hit, but I also thought it would have been extremely ticky tacky to call as there wasn't much there. The hold was clearly a text book hold.
  9. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Steve Young just admitted that a game doesn't end on a ticky tack call like that and you can't bail out bad play calling. They also said it was probably uncatchable.
  10. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

438 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    You aren't alone. I can't even imagine seeing us there anytime soon. With Garrett and Romo both sticking around I have little excitement for next season.
  11. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,267 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    That's good football.
  12. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

438 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I think the better team won and I'm glad, but that is BS. How is that call ok at the start of the game and not at the end? That isn't acceptable and both affect the outcome. I agree the play calling was bad though.
  13. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Bad no calls for both teams, but some people choose not to see it that way. Again, the worst was the deep pass to Torrey Smith in the 1st half where he was illegally contacted 20 yards down field, impeding his progress, was probably the worst and most likely cost him a TD. Let's put it this way, he had a better chance at catching that ball for a TD than Crabtree did the one at the end of the game.

Bad calls happen in every game. Complaining about it is loser talk.
  14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,799 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Man the NFL is fixed...
  15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    I like those guys too but your not being realistic. Crabtree pushed off and was pulling and the ball hit the back of the chalk. As I said above even Steve Young and others said it would have been ticky tack and was close to uncatchable. You can't call that there. I just don't buy this stuff. Heck if I was going to rip every bad call or close call I'd call the blackout crooked to for changing momentum. Better team won by starting off quick.
  16. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,148 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    This would have out them first and goal at the one yard line.. but the same ref that missed this call, is the same one that missed the hold. Also, they never called a hold on the safety play either. The point is, they were not throwing flags all night like they consistently did throughout the season and playoffs. I'm not a fan of that.. I think they should be consistent all year.

You don't change the rules as you go.
  17. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

954 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    does anyone else have a problem with flacco getting a ring? :confused:
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,053 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Not when it impedes SF from getting another one :)

Flacco deserved it, he has played well in the post-season.
  19. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I wonder if we can get the KILLER

SHOULD BE SITTIN IN JAIL
  20. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope! He deserved it!