1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Super Bowl XXX...

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by JD17, Jun 7, 2006.

1. JD17

JD17 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For all the insomniacs such as myself, Super Bowl XXX is comin on NFL Network in a couple minutes.:starspin
  2. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i wonder how it ends.

:lmao2:
  3. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,965 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    They have been playing that a lot...Like to see some of the older SB victories...
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,989 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    Glad we won the game but was not a well played game. One thing I will always remember about that game is Pitt onside kick to start the 2nd half, I was watching with a friend and told him right before the onside kick that Dallas needed to look out for the onside I just figured Pitt needed to do something to turn things around and sure enough they did it.
  5. bootyhunta

bootyhunta Member

490 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    God bless Neil O'Donnell!
  6. Doomsday101

74,989 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    Neil took the blame but WR should have been running the hot routs with Dallas coming on blitzes. You could see Neil changing the plays as they would get up to the line as he saw what was coming, yet WR kept running when they should have been running quick hitches
  7. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Dallas' secondary (particularly Scott Case) was making nasty licks all day. They knocked Ernie Mills out of the game, Deion utterly blanketed "Slash" and they forced Pitt to make 84 offensive plays. The odds of making that many plays without a turnover vs. the #1 defense is low.

Emmitt hurt his knee in the first quarter, otherwise the Boys would have put on a much smoother offensive performance. Another example of how bad the Cowboys depth had dwindled by 1995, despite the overall talent. Not that Emmitt ever had a real backup until Chris Warren arrived in 1999, but the Boys couldn't afford to pick one up and they couldn't draft to save their lives.
  8. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Steelers coaching staff screwed up. The Steelers had a very successful power rushing game vs. the Dallas defense (in the 3rd quarter), but moved away from it. A major blunder, IMO.
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I have always wondered why Larry Brown was standing all by himself :D
  10. Doomsday101

74,989 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    Because both he knew it was a hot read as well only guy who didn't was the WR. :laugh1:
  11. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Does any other Super Bowl highlight film focus on the losing team as much as the one for XXX?
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,038 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Thats because we Snatched #5 from them(before them) :)
  13. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LA missed as many blocks back then as he does today!
  14. Doomsday101

74,989 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    True but again was not a great played game on the Cowboys part. We had 2.2 yards per carry in the game and lost almost every statistical battle except for the turnovers. Out of all our SB appearances that was not one of our better showings but at least we won the game. As for any other SB focusing more on the loser than the winner. Cowboys vs Colts in SB V and of course MVP was Chuck Howley still the only player to win the SB MVP whose team lost.
  15. lurkercowboy

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Talk about a sloppy game. Super Bowl 12 was sloppy as well, with a lot of turnovers. Chuck Howley winning MVP is one of the all-time curiosities.
  16. Doomsday101

74,989 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    True, it took Dallas a bit of time to settle down in that game but the play of Randy White and Harvey Martin was outstanding as well as the defense in general. Doomsday vs Orange Crush
  17. lurkercowboy

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Agreed. The Dallas secondary played very well and hit hard. It was one of the hardest hitting games I have ever seen out of Dallas. When it was 20-7, the Steelers took some gambles, some of which paid off, and some didn't, but Dallas controlled the game for the most part. The Steelers were playing catch-up most of the game.
  18. lurkercowboy

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The whole defense was awesome in that game. Too Tall Jones was great as well as the co-mvps.