1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Super Spoiler Alert: Shocking Ending to Family Guy Episode

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Bungarian, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,067 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    Strange for them to do that. Think he will be back?
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,052 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Thanks for letting me know, I was going to watch it. :rolleyes:
    khiladi likes this.
  3. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,620 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    It's pretty interesting. Most times when a character is 'killed off' it's because their voice actor has left the show. But clearly Seth McFarlane is still doing voices on the show (Peter, Stewie, Quagmire, and many more).

Not sure why the writers decided on this one. Just seems to be a very weird move. I honestly have no idea if they'll bring him back.

I mean they legitimately have killed off Diane Simmons in a strange episode, but that ended up actually being permanent-- Initially I thought they'd write that off as a non canon special.

But It would be a mistake to not get him back somehow.
  4. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,067 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    It was on last night so I thought it was not a spoiler
  5. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,052 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    I was just kidding...I don't even watch that show.

:D
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Super spoiler thread title you made. Good thing I don't care, but I would change that even though it's not really a show you have to follow.

If it was the title of a Game of Thrones thread or something along those lines, I would freak out.
  7. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,067 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    The show already aired
  8. RastaRocket

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Not everybody watches stuff right when it aires.
  9. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,067 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    I don't know how to edit a subject line
  10. RastaRocket

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I think moderators can only do it. It's all good though because it's not a show where spoilers are a huge deal like I said.
  11. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasin Zone Supporter

3,223 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    I'm a fan and surprised but yeah, didn't ruin anything for me :) The show is what it is...still?
    Brian and Stewie's dynamic was priceless.
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,775 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    This means they either ran out of stuff for him, or are just going to introduce another talking dog or something. I really doubt they are going to go forward with Brian, in one way or another.
  13. BigStar

3,223 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Are they angling to end the show anytime soon? I enjoyed the last season and Brian is more of "narrator" in terms of normal sanity on the show. Pompously working on that novel :)
  14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,121 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Yeah...hadn't watched the last episode yet. It's still sitting on my DVR like almost everything from this past week since I've been busy...

It's a cartoon with no real ties to reality, so I guess it's not the worst spoiler in the world.
  15. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,201 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    The show's producer said it got brought up in the writer's meeting to kill off a character and the more they thought about it they liked the idea. Since Bryan is a dog he was the most likely character. They wanted to explore how it would change all the other character's dynamic.

The show was pretty much the Bryan and Stewie show now and this allows them more flexibility.

But keep in mind that Vinnie has mob connections and is missing his owner who died at a yoga class. I bet that before the season ends Vinnie will make a deal with Stewie and get him the missing part to rebuild his time machine...going back in time to save Vinnie's owner and Bryan.
    BigStar likes this.
  16. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,067 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    Two of the future episodes this year had Brian in the title. After it started to spread around the internet they changed them to TBA.
  17. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    I dont think hes done. A lot of time people die on it and are back. It was just an episode.
  18. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

931 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    The first part is true but I read in some article (can't remember where and not sure if it was true) that Seth wanted to cancel Family Guy and took a poll with some fans hoping it will result in cancellation. The end result was that Family Guy was stale but they still enjoy the show. Seth then made the decision to change it up by killing off a family member. I also read in another article before all this that Seth wanted to concentrate more on his other shows and bring back Cleveland Show.

Now, my theory is that some shows will include Stewie trying to find out who drove the car. That car wanted to kill Brian.
  19. BigStar

3,223 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    The Cleveland Show failed because Clevelands voice is just irritatitingly angonizing (like Chris Griffen, kill him PLEASE) for a prolonged period. The content is quick and smart, but that voice.....American Dad took a while to gather a following as well, but Roger n Stans dynamic is what makes that work.
  20. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,620 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    It's hard to convey that a car crash killed him because he's been shot in both legs and burned with a flame thrower by Stewie as a punchline in the episode where Peter is a New England Patriot.

Now that I think about it. Brian's been hit by a car before if I'm not mistaken.

So it was a little funny to see them try to make it a serious thing, definitive thing.