1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Superhuman Suggs or Doping?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ROUSH8692, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,237 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Two years ago i completely ruptured my achilles tendon. I understand the whole process from tear, surgery, recovery, and rehabilitation. I am aware that injury specifics differ and affect the abovementioned process and time of which, but SIX MONTHS IS UNREAL!!!!!!

How did he do it???

Blood Doping? Is he friends with Lance Armstrong?

After six months I was still in a walking boot, and my whole left leg was 1/4 the size of my right leg due to muscle atrophy.... It took me 6 months of everyday exercises to just get the muscle back in my leg. After getting back to running, I still to this day, favor that leg psychologically.... Suggs got a sack!

Kudos to him, but folks that recovery time period is darn near impossible without some serious help....
  2. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Duplicate post.
  3. ROUSH8692

1,237 Messages
    71 Likes Received

my bad.. Mods merge plz
  4. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    The luxuries of being a rich professional athlete. Apparently Eagles LT Jason Peters who had the same injury and actually re reruptured a little after surgery and after Suggs is working out again. It's 21st century technology and medicine, good for Suggs.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,915 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
    Doping. I don't have a doubt about it. I don't have a problem with it, either. It is part of the NFL, which entertains me every Sunday. Greg Ellis took 8 months to recover before he was cleared to practice/play.
  6. ROUSH8692

1,237 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    He doped for sure... Atleast blood doping...

Im telling you... Two years later im still not 100%
  7. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

280 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Everyone is on something at that level the guys who get caught are not careful enough
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    His real name is Lance Suggs. ;)
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,820 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    Adrian Peterson came back quickly. Suggs came back quickly. Maybe those two players just love the game so much and wanted to come back. I believe having the right mental attitude and desire quickens the healing process.
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Do you know the severity of his injury compared to yours?

I don't think his was "that bad", as far as a torn achilles injury goes.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,673 Messages
    9,901 Likes Received
    Yeah, I believe his wasn't a full tear. With the advancement in medicine and considering he's a world class athlete, I suppose it's possible. But I wouldn't be surprised if he has a setback coming back so soon and I doubt he'll play well this year. He can't possibly have the same burst right now. If he ever will again.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Welker and Brady came back in record time from ACL tears.

Modern medicine is good stuff.
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    The only difference between you and Terrell Suggs is that he's a professional freaking football player. Those guys are in incredible shape and heal a lot faster from the same injuries because of it. Plus he probably has the right diet and rehab schedule to do so.

Not to pick on the OP, but I get really irritated when regular people compare themselves to professional athletes :laugh2:

99% of us have no idea at all what its like to perform physically at that level.
  14. ROUSH8692

1,237 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Good point.
  15. ROUSH8692

1,237 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    I play professional flag football....:laugh2:
  16. Thatkidbob

Thatkidbob Member

343 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I think it's the reverse. They ARE in incredible shape, but it's because they heal a lot faster than normal that they're able to be professional football players. The guys who are in great shape, but are too brittle can't withstand the punishment.

Other than that minor point, I totally agree