1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

surprise selections?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ghst187, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,512 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    what position do you think we will take that hardly anyone expects?

Everyone seems to expect a passrusher or DL and CB maybe even S but
    I think TE and RB will be surprise picks if someone decent is available.
    Felix is headed to FA next offseason I believe. I imagine he'll want starting RB money when he isn't going to be the starter here as long as Demarco is healthy. Would love to snag the Oregon guy, James late third or early 4th and let Felix walk eventually.

As for TE, if something happens to Witten, our entire offense will nearly be sunk. I'm also sure everyone saw what NE could do with two very effective TEs. We only have one right now as Phillips did not pick back up where he had left off prior to the injury. I think if a good TE is there early, 1-3, we grab him.
    thoughts?
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think when we missed out on getting Davis, it was pretty clear that Garrett wants to be able to run his 2 TE sets. And since we only have 2 TEs on the roster, we clearly need to get 1 in the Draft and probably pick up another 1 or 2 as UDFAs to develop on the PS.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........agree 100%.......and I'm glad of it....shame Bennett had to be such an immature clown: LOTS of opportunity here for the kid
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    skill player round 2 or 3
  5. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,718 Messages
    3,931 Likes Received
    I think they will follow their board as best they can deviating as little as possible depending on positions of need. So no I won't be surprised if they draft the BPA.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Looking for Defense all the way.
  7. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,586 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    Buehlers replacement!

Don''t be shocked if it happens.
  8. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Brock Osweiler QB in the second round.
  9. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,718 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Dan Bailey would disagree.

That would be shocking..not so much the Cowboys taking a QB, but that Osweiler could go in the 2nd round...

..if the Cowboys take a QB before the 5th round (if at all), I would truly be shocked

...I think the Cowboys could take a WR, TE, or RB in the first 3 rounds. Especially if they happen to trade down from #14 and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd...
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    Plus one.

BPA makes anything possible.
  11. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I've seen Osweiler go in the second round of enough mock drafts that it wouldn't be entirely shocking, especially with how the league overvalues QB's. He might actually be more of a candidate for Dallas if he fell to the third round now that we have Orton.
  12. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,718 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    I guess I was being a little facetious...I don't believe Osweiler is a 2nd round talent, nor do I think the Cowboys should draft a QB before the 5th round...we have so many glaring needs and QB is not one of them...anyone drafted @ QB would battle for the 3rd QB position and McGee will have a leg up on them since he already knows the system...