1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Syrian man arrested in plot to assassinate Obama

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 7, 2009.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
    Posted : Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:23:55 GMTAuthor : DPA Category : Middle East (World) [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana]News Alerts[/FONT] by Email ( click here )Middle East World News | Home

Ankara - A Syrian national who allegedly planned to stab US President Barack Obama was arrested in Istanbul on Friday, Turkish media reported on Tuesday. The man had attempted to gain press credentials for Obama's visit claiming he worked for the Al Jazeera. The Ankara correspondent for Al Jazeera said that they had never heard of the man.

Reports said he had confessed to police after his arrest.

Obama arrived in Ankara Sunday night. He flew to Istanbul on Monday and left Istanbul for Washington Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/263448,syrian-man-arrested-in-plot-to-assassinate-obama.html

Found this link via a gossip site
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have no love for Obama; but man that is crazy I am glad they caught the guy.
  3. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    I think that could have been any of our presidents and that guy would have taken a stab at it. What i want to know if that guy was Muslim?
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    You are now on a watch list.

By the way a crazy nut job muslim decided to give our military a work out today. He landed his plane in Missouri after a very long chase. The air force was very soft on this guy. They should have dropped him from the sky.
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,784 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    what happened to just throwing a shoe at him......the ultimate insult.....
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received

No i really believe the whole Canadian deal, which only goes to prove, once Canada snubs you, you lost all credibilitary has a tough nation. Wasnt he picked up at a convience store? He had time to leave the plane, run and make it to a store for a light snack. How sad is that.

Just another reason I have called it quits and let the chips fall because warning people who dont want to be warned is a waste of time.

Hey, you on that list too?
  7. xWraithx

xWraithx Benched

3,449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: