1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: T.O. at the Mavs game

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by PA Cowboy11, Jun 9, 2006.

1. PA Cowboy11

PA Cowboy11 Member

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was at the Sports Bar when he was on, and i couldn't hear what was said. Could someone recap it please?
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I saw him....he looked really confindent about the Cowboys!

Get the popcorn ready!
  3. dcdallaschick

dcdallaschick Member

311 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The talking head asked him why he was wearing a Shaq jersey, and not shilling to the Dallas fans. He said Shaq was like family, and you have to go with your blood, and that he'd win over the Dallas fans in the football season. Had a good mini-camp, enjoying the area, yada, yada, yada.

When asked who he was rooting for, he said he was a basketball fan and had friends on both sides, so he'd be happy either way.
  4. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Besides the fact that he was wearing a Heat jersey, he really had nothing to say of substance.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    That pretty much sums it up
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,071 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    He said he had a great time at mini camp and that he and Parcells get along great and that they have similar personalities.
  7. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if he had friends on both sides, he probably should have worn a mavs jersey.

that's T.O. bein T.O. (irvin jersey to the cowboys game, etc)

if he wore a mavs jersey no one would be as interested, and he's just GOTTA get some attention.

:rolleyes:
  8. DCowboyz

DCowboyz New Member

104 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Naw, I'm a Heat fan.. I've seen TO in many of our home games wearing that Shaq jersey.. So I wasn't really amazed when I saw him yesterday.. Although, I didn't think he'd wear a Mavs cap.. :laugh1:
  9. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can believe that part about them having similar personalities. Both are egomaniacs, both have quit on their teams (Parcells looking for a job with the Jets while supposedly coaching the Pats in a Superbowl), both have run out on contracts...yeah I can see it.
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,715 Messages
    1,933 Likes Received
    God forbid you can't be a fan of another sport team.
  11. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Yeah, I heard his publicist talking with a guy who was scoring TO the tickets for the game. I thought 'Jeez, he isn't even here at his own football camp but he's trying to score tix for an NBA game. Talk about messed up priorities.'
  12. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,071 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    Uhhh...what?
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,245 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    And if he wore a Mavericks cap, he would be called out as a phony who was trying to suck up to the locals.
  14. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,715 Messages
    1,933 Likes Received
    No win situation. I couldn't imagine having to watch every little tinny thing that I do, so that people won't run with a story.

A Cowboy can't stop and take a leak behind a dumpster without seeming like a misfit or something. Some people are a bit too touchy.
  15. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received

well, it doesn't bother me, but i'm not a mavs fan, either.

but i could see that rubbing some 'all dallas' fans the wrong way.

but why wear a jersey at all? you can go to the game, cheer for the Heat, and end up bothering a lot less people. answer...b/c he wants the attention.

just my two cents.
  16. GTaylor

GTaylor Gif Dude

1,849 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought he was wearing a Mavs cap, albeit it backwards.
  17. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I was at the TO youth football camp. TO was absent all day long. Didn't show up until 5pm. At around 1pm TO called his publicist and told her to score him some Mavs tickets. I heard the publicist taking the call. I was saying that I thought TO's priorities are screwed up.
  18. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    oh you were? that's nice.
  19. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,850 Messages
    1,840 Likes Received

Heat jersey, but supposedly had a Mavs hat on. He is good friends with Shaq as well as Jason Terry. If Cowboys fans are going to get upset because he wants the Heat to win (not that he does) then those Cowboys fans need to get a life.

Just because he is in the DFW area doesn't mean he has to be a Rangers, Mavericks or Stars fan, just as long as he's a Cowboys fan.
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,245 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    Exactly.

And if he suddenly became one, people would question his sincerity there too.

Let him be.