1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ta'amu vs. Brent-Price

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboysooner, Apr 28, 2012.

1. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    To me, the 4th round and the rest of our draft strategy should be defined by that question. As a 3-4 team (even in an under front), you need more than 1 guy that can 2 gap from time to time. Ta'amu is my #1 player left by quite a bit, but in the back of my mind I think the staff is behind Brent-Price who I like too. Is it possible we carry both?
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Chapman, Ta'amu, Fangupo. With these three still available, if we pass on all 3, we will know once and for all the team has no interest in bringing in a more prototypical NT to rotate or replace Ratliff other than Brent.
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's not entirely true... they could always draft Nicolas Jean-Baptiste from Baylor, or Ishmaa'ily Kitchen from Kent State, both of whom will likely still be looking for work in the 7th round...

I don't like Ta'amu at all, and Chapman's current injury situation makes me shy away (I just don't know if he'll be ready to play this season, and I've seen enough of the "redshirt" thing for a while)... I like Fangupo a lot, then Jean-Baptiste and Kitchen... grab one of those three, whichever one the brain trust likes best, and I'm a happy Bear (at least when it comes to the NT situation)...
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    You know what I meant. I don't mind if anyone likes different guys, I'm all for the conversation.
  5. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I did, I was just expanding the parameters a little... didn't mean to step on any toes...

Hell, Count, I know that... you've been around a while...
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    No toes stepped on. I know you weren't attacking me or anything, just listing other guys you like for the position. Kitchen I hadn't heard about, trying to find some stuff on him now, thanks for the tip.
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,698 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    I see a lot of UW football, and I never really got a good feeling about the guy. A ton of talent and ability, but very inconsistent. Would dominate in one stretch, then look awful in another. And I don't put a whole lot of stock in Bowl games, but he was terrible against Baylor.
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good luck finding much on him, man... there's not much out there that I could find, but he is a pure nose tackle, 340 odd pounds on like a 6-1 frame... wide load, all the way...
  9. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Ta'amu was really good in the senior bowl. That goes a long way with me for the big uglies. I don't think it means as much for the back end but those guys that can play well can play on Sunday.

To me that was the appealing idea of brockers, we were getting a great two gap and push guy. Only Brent can do it on our current roster. Colman is supposed to but it did not really work. I expect him to be cut. Maybe geathers is his replacement.
  10. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,447 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Maybe I missed something. I thought it was just Brent. When did he get a hyphenated name?