1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tales from the K-land.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by VCDefectors, Apr 18, 2009.

1. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1. I decided to stay here in Suwon for the year. I love the people, the atmosphere, the ease of getting around (the subway system rocks!). Teaching the little ones is really an enjoyable experience. My friend who opened up the hagwon where I'm teaching, is grateful and is dedicated to putting together a hagwon that is enjoyable for the kids, the teachers, and the parents. Apparently, that is a rare feat here in K-land. But if anyone can do it, my friend can.

2. I recently asked by one of the parents (who speaks good English) about the common racial slur used by Westerners to denote Asians and the origin of the term. I didn't have the heart to tell him. But I did let him know that I'm sure an Internet search would probably answer any question he had about it. It turns out I was right.

3. I left the states only a few weeks after the Inauguration. From the news I am able to read, it looks like the Obama era is going very well. And it looks like there are signs that the U.S. economy is beginning to recover. Good for Him, good for America, and hopefully good for you.

4. Speaking of Obama, it turns out that he is really popular here in the ROK. I wish I could speak more than a few phrases of Korean. I would make these Kimchiheads come over to the PZ to see some real Obama-haters in action.

Anyway, all is well in K-land. I hope everyone is enjoying this fine spring weather. Peace -VCD
  2. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,010 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    nobody cares.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    You are REALLY being polite here DIAF.
  4. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,010 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Im a polite guy
  5. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,876 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Enjoy your time there and don't worry about the comments here. It's interesting to see the perspective another country has on the U.S..
  6. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't understand what you're trying to prove with this post.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,844 Messages
    609 Likes Received

Just more of his crap.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    only those like phil fall for his bs
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You mean to say the Korean peninsula is fond of demagogic leaders who inspire legions of cultish, braindead followers? Who knew?!

Whatever you do, don't come back.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,855 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    You need a blog, man.
  11. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I appreciate the kind words. It really is a 'trip' being here, but I am so glad I did it. It has brought a new perspective on so many things.

I'm not worried about the hecklers. They are on their way to being banned because they don't get the fact that their behavior is not acceptable. Nothing I can do about it.

Peace.
  12. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,010 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I lol'd
  13. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I might start one, if I can find the time. I'm pretty busy right now. But I do have quite a few photos to share.
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    FIFY.
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,630 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    I'm sure the South Koreans are probably already sick of you and your left wing views and would like to send you north. Are you sure you are in Korea and not Viet Nam? Seems like Nam would suit you better. I'm sure Jane Fonda is a hero of yours.
  16. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well folks, it doesn't get anymore dittohead than that. But to give credit here (as it takes an element of bravado to act in a way that will eventually get one's self banned), Ninja, I just want to congratulate you on your brave behavior and your willingness to risk paying the ultimate price.
  17. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,010 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    No one is going to get banned for laughing at you. Im sure the mods hate you too.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,402 Messages
    2,116 Likes Received
    Maybe hes not trying to prove anything. Just posting for the sake of posting.

Granted, his post is better served in OT.
  19. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,400 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    What did most people in South Korea think about the rocket launch???

Glad to hear things are going well for you, just dont get captured by the North!!!
  20. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the kind thoughts. I haven't heard any opinions about the rocket launch. One of the first things I learned about the ROK is that they generally are not phased by any international news concerning North Korea. I've been told more than once that North Korea is always "crying wolf", so to speak.

ROK people seem to be so much more self-absorbed with their working lives and families to be overly concerned with politics. At least that's what I am able to gather. They typically work 55-60 hours a week.