1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talkin cowboys 1/16

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 16, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,024 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    * Selvie had shoulder surgery. Will be ready for first OTAs. Same with Mo. Doug free cleaning out his ankle, Harris left shoulder.

* Romo needs to work on his core. This yr he came back chunkier and that limited him early. Get him working on his core when he's able to get his conditioning going.

* Hearing Marinelli talk about Ware. Sounds like Marinelli wants Ware and doesnt think he's finished.

* Crawford and Hollomon starters? Yes see Crawford starting at the 1tech. Hollomon let him compete with Wilber.

* Broaddus: fans "b word" about Dallas injured players. But they want to resign a guy like Spencer, and sign a guy like Melton.
    Duane and casmith07 like this.
  2. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,377 Messages
    811 Likes Received
    Please don't sign Melton . He is an undersized drunk coming off knee surgery . Just keep what we have resign hatcher or spencer , and hit on two DL in draft .
    TTexasTT likes this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    I was afraid of this.

Typical of our organization.

20/20 vision in rare supply as usual.
    Doomsay, CyberB0b, Duane and 4 others like this.
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,024 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    Broaddus said Marinelli said this in a recent interview. I havent heard it. But these words are from marinelli.
    Gameover likes this.
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Ware had one bad year. Its not uncommon for guys his age or older at that position to have a strong bounce back year.
    He makes a ton of money but only a fool would think that he is done.
    casmith07 likes this.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,503 Messages
    6,058 Likes Received
    lol i been saying the exact same thing, word for word since last preseason.
    Corso, TwoDeep3 and BigStar like this.
  7. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

1,313 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I saw Doug Free bounce back when I was convinced he was done, no way am I writing off Demarcus Ware
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,268 Messages
    7,118 Likes Received
    I like Spencer and Hatcher, but I could see the team moving on from both. Don't see them moving on from Ware just yet considering how patient they've been with Miles. Another down year and I could see Ware leaving.

Oh and while I don't know anything about Melton's drunkenness as alluded to in an earlier post, I'd rather the team not go after a guy coming off an ACL injury.
    jazzcat22, dogberry and Zimmy Lives like this.
  9. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    He has a history
    [IMG]
    I think thats something that can controlled but the knee is what scares me more.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    We should fire Rod Marinelli. Clearly he can't coach if he doesn't think Ware is a complete bum and has been his entire career.
  11. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,417 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Crawford at 1 tech? He dropped his weight to 284 so he could play DE before he got hurt in camp. I don't get their reasoning unless something has changed since. He can play DT in nickel though. But he's not the size you want at 1 tech as a starter.
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,284 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    Towards the end of his career, Brett Favre alternated good seasons and bad seasons.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Brett Favre alternated good and bad seasons his entire career.
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,157 Messages
    1,868 Likes Received
    When Marinelli pays that bill, he can make that call.

That salary needs to be significantly shaved at the very least.
  15. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,742 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    what is he suppose to say in that interview? You think he would say that Ware is a washed up bum?
    tantrix1969 and AsthmaField like this.
  16. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,521 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    Supposedly Marinelli also didn't want to let Spencer walk, either. That turned out well.
  17. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    While I believe in the philosophy that you release a great player one year early rather than one year too late, I also believe Ware has some good years left in him. If the Cowboys limit his snaps during the season, add some blue-chip talent (draft) next to him, and create some depth on the d-line, he could have a solid year. I do doubt, however, that he will ever be an impact player again.

Let Spencer and Hatch walk.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  18. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,636 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Two bad years!!!!
    tantrix1969 and Little Jr like this.
  19. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,122 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    Coaches would prefer vets or 8-8 so they have "something" to build from. He is a vastly over paid aging player. MOVE ON already. No coach wants to go into rebuilding mode because they are thinking only of their respective jobs/position. The GM should understand that the coach would want aging over paid chance of talent compared to an unknown rook because he has an average "base" to cover their hides; he's not considering the logic that a GM would use to strip over paid diminishing talent for youth or unknowns. Not saying Rod is lazy; he's covering himself.
    Doomsay, Oh_Canada and birdwells1 like this.
  20. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    So it was Marinelli's fault that Spencer hurt his knee and couldn't play this year?