1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talkin Cowboys 2/6

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Feb 6, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,305 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    * RB coaches hearing about: Bobby Williams Bama coach

* On Pollack hire: This move clearly says Callahan will be play caller.

* Callahan likes Wes Phillips.

* Broaddus called out Mickey on hs constant defending Garrett. Mickey brings up Offensive stats as a OC. Broaddus brings up Garrett as a HC. Mickey stopped in his track. Broaddus says i agree with the numbers but i think Jerrys move was to make Garrett a better HC.

Mickey clearly think Garrett is getting his legs cut out from under him by Jerry. Broaddus and Rowan disagree and think its about GM wanting to see what Garrett is soley as a HC and not a OC/HC.

Mickey looks like a pouting little kid because they dont agree with him.

* Email: New WR coach brings to the table? Broaddus: get the feeling Jimmy R was tired but wanted to stay with Cowboys which is why he stayed on as a consultant. Dooley is a good fit because he'll be more energetic with the players on the practice field. Stir it up type of guy.

* Caller: Implement new Offense?
    Running game will be different. Different approach. Will probably be a combination of Garrett and Callahan combined on the total offensive picture. But the running game will def be changed.

* Think Dallas will take money from Ware, Romo, Witten, Carr. But not Miles.

* Email: Think Dallas will go with Jonathon Cooper at 18? Broaddus thinks Yes if he's there.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,156 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Broddus didn't say anything about Free? Wonder why? He normally does. I guess we will know about him in the next couple of days.

I'm a UNC fan and love Cooper. #18 may be a little high, but I would do it if I couldn't trade back a few spots to get another pick. Gotta fix the OL.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,305 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    yes they were all over the place today. He basically said before he didnt think Dallas was going to do anything with Free, but now feels he will be cut and his money saved will be used to sign the draft picks
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,579 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Good info.

Curious to know more about Bobby Williams. Quick search reveals he's been fired several times in the past several years. But he's a Saban guy, so I understand why we'd want him
  5. DBOY3141

3,156 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    If true and he comes here, it won't be long before Lacy gets "mocked" to us as our 2nd round pick.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,579 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    I know we've got bigger needs and it would be pretty foolish, but I'd love that. I don't think I've liked a RB in the draft as much since Ray Rice.
  7. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,288 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    So Mickey has changed his mind about Jason getting his legs cut from underneath him? Mickey was saying he wasn't just a few days ago in article "Maybe Perceptions aren't Truly Reality" http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Reality/91a5778e-d55c-460f-8957-eaef8eec8d23
    Now he is saying the exact opposite? LOL!
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,961 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    I'd love to have Lacy but I think you'll agree that unless we kill it in the FA market, we can't afford to spend a 2nd rounder on a RB.

Dline and Oline (plus maybe a S) in the 1st 3-4 rounds.
  9. DBOY3141

3,156 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    I like Lacy, but no I would not draft him in the 2nd.
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,435 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Why? If Lacy turns out to be rookie of the year, would you be upset that the Cowboys picked him up in the 2nd?

Murray has been hurt the past two seasons. If Lacy can stay healthy, turn the running game around, and get some rushing TDs, who really cares when he was drafted.

Yeah, I get it about perceived needs. Problem with that is you never really can predict your needs. If Murray would get hurt early, then I'd love to have Lacy to turn to.

1st rd - Warmack/Cooper and 2nd rd - Lacy would make me a happy camper.
  11. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,037 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    Wow. We hired an offensive line assistant. Phillips had the role last year. We promoted him and need to replace the position.

Talk about reading way too much into things
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,082 Messages
    3,998 Likes Received
    I think he'd be a *great* pick in the 2nd. I don't care what position needs we've got.
  13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    And as far as I'm concerned, RB is a pretty huge need.
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,305 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    Maybe you should listen to the show and u get a better feel on what they say.
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,305 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    Backup is a need. But its not a huge need. You cant really judge whats in Dallas at this point in time because anybody with eyes could see that Dallas mismanaged its running attack big time. The system was just flawed and worked against them. You cant have the success you had in the passing game and the failure at running and say the OL is the problem. It wasnt perfect but its not a failure. The run game system was the failure.

When you have a 4900 yrd passer and almost 3 1000 yrd receivers your OL isnt a failure.
  16. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,286 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Actually Broaddus said he thinks they are going to unload Doug Free.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,082 Messages
    3,998 Likes Received
    Yeah, it's a significant need, too.
  18. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,286 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    A caller said "Mickey we know you are Jerry's BOY", the Mickaroo was definitely not pleased!:lmao:
  19. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys think Lacy is a "special" type of back, I wouldn't be against using a 2nd rounder. The problem is that Murray can't be counted on unfortunately. Two consecutive years he's been injured. If Lacy is clearly the best guy on the board, and we do need players at RB, I think it's o.k.

Is it my first choice? No. Like you, I prefer OL, Safety, and DL. But if Lacy is the best guy, and by a reasonable margin, I would take him.
  20. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Do the people that keep talking about moving around Romo's money forget he's on the last year of an already backloaded contract? There's not really anywhere to move it anymore. They pretty much have to give him a new contract to push his money back.