1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talkin Cowboys 2/6

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Feb 6, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,232 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    OK i agree with you saying he's been injured but to say he cant be counted on. Im not buying it. You cant guess injuries. Lacy could come in and be injured on his first carry. They happen.

Dallas needs too many starters to be worried about a backup RB.
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    Everybody seems to be of this opinion.

It looks like tackle becomes their #1 priority this off-season.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,232 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    Thats why they will extend him. And that money will be pushed back into the extended yrs.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,199 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    I think I'd rather have Taylor.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    Extending him would be the right move as long as they are committed to providing him with a solid line. This off-season will be interesting.
  6. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    What I would do is the following,

Assuming Free is cut, I'd bring in a vet to compete against him. I think the Cowboys like Parnell's upside, and I don't think they prefer to use a 1st rounder on an OT since they think that Parnell may be able to man that spot.

I'd look to pick up a versatile player in the draft who can play either OC or OG. Let him compete against Berny, Livings, Costa, etc. But you should be able to find this guy anywhere from Round 1 to Round 3.

So, if you really like Lacy, and think that he can add something to your running game, give you consistency at the position, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking him.

That said, my guess is that we'll probably go Safety or OL there. And I don't have a problem with that. I just wouldn't exclude a RB if the staff really thinks highly of him.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,741 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    Great! Another running back. Where is he going to run too?

I find it funny that some posters say finding running backs in later rounds is easy, then turn around and want to spend a 2nd on another one?

The Cowboys need lineman, on both sides of the ball, period! A great running back cannot make his own holes if nothing is there.

I guess I'm to ignorant to understand why the Cowboys don't invest big/good money on the trenches, because that has been the flaw for the Cowboys.

Romo can't wait for a receive to come open, Murray cannot find any holes to run through, the defensive line lets runners get to the second level all the time and they can't rush the passer.

So, to fix that, lets draft a running back in the 2nd...yeah! That's the ticket!
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    That guy was a complete hillbilly moron and Mickey basically made a joke out of his entire call.

I imagine most of the people on the Internet who call Mickey things like Jerrys boy would get into a bind with Mickey because they all say a lot of dumb things.

That call was the dumb hillbilly fan In a nutshell.

And Mickey did not say Garrett had his legs cut out, latin mind misunderstood he said that is the perception just like his article the other day.

The best part of the whole show was broaddus calling rob Ryan dumb. They were talking about Payton hiring him and Bryan said not so fast, said he would love to see rob Ryan explain defense to Sean if Payton was asking him what he would do in different scenarios. Mickey chuckled and broaddus continued that eberflus was the brain and rob was just calling plays.

Pretty direct comments to me.

the week of the final game Bryan mentioned if we lost there would be big changes and he wanted to get in to detail and stopped. It must have been he knew about all that rob Ryan missing meetings stuff....
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    I agree. I've wanted that type of RB since Emmitt.

Can we afford to roll with Murray again, if losing with him has such a dramatic effect on our season?

RB is a need because we might, realistically, need a starter.
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Well, that happens when your premiere RB misses almost the entire season with a serious toe injury (and as far as I'm concerned he wasn't healthy when he came back). And then your backup, who's supposed to be a "speed guy" is fat and slow and a shell of his former self.

I'm just of the belief that RBs are a higher priority in the modern NFL, as good running offensive lines get fewer and fewer. Colleges simply aren't putting out great run blocking offensive linemen. They play their entire careers in college in 2 point stances in spread offenses and aren't polished at firing off the ball and moving people off the line of scrimmage. Couple that with new rule changes in the NFL CBA that prevents teams from getting in the practice reps, and I see a lot of awful run blocking NFL offensive lines. You need RBs who can mask the flaws in your OL. When I look at the great running games in the NFL, it's because they have RBs who make their OLs look good. The Vikings OL looks great when Adrian Peterson is running behind them, and they look like garbage when Toby Gerhert is running for 3.1 ypc behind them. Doug Martin made that Tampa Bay OL, not vice versa ... especially considering they lost Nick and Joseph for virtually the entire year to injury.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,232 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    I dont think Dallas needs a Lacy type Rb when they have Murray. I think they need a Pierce/LeMichael James type. And they can have that with a Kenjon Barner in round 5.
  12. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    There is alot of truthiness in there. The Saints and their expensive oline run the ball like garbage when Ingram is in the game, but when Sproles or Ivory is in it clicks.

Lacy is a bit tough to evaluate because Alabama had an all time great run blocking line with Fluker, Warmack, Jones and the left tackle.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,932 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    So you misrepresented them?
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,232 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    No but im not going to type word for word. I give you an insight. Like i said if you want it all go listen.
  15. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,281 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Sad thing is that even a "hillbilly" is aware Mickey is Jerry's puppet!:eek:
  16. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    no way does lacy last until 47

and I already had him at 47
  17. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think we need a tough runner

we got enuf speed from Murray