1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talkin Cowboys 3.26

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Mar 29, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,546 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Yeah TC talked about this yr. If Quincy wouldnt have been a coke head Romo wouldve been cut. They kept him on the team because thy had a roster opening with Carter being released. TC said Parcells didnt think Romo was very good
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,546 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    BP didnt like Romo much either. Parcells wanted a vet running his team not a young player.
    BigStar likes this.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,783 Messages
    7,147 Likes Received
    Riiiiiight.

Guys, Parcells didn't like Romo either. I swear it.
  4. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,717 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    Good topics they covered.

We should get a portion back from Ratliff for what he did. The league needs to consider the message they'll be sending by letting this go without some form of repercussion.

I could care less how Romo got here. Point is, he's here now.
  5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Sean Payton and mike shanan went to Eastern Illinois so they both wanted romo and Sean won OBVIOUSLY
    cml750, khiladi and BigStar like this.
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,546 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Im going by what people who actually might know what happens in VR have said.
  7. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,813 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    If the NFL was smart, they would award this grievance to the team. However, when we are talking about the Cowboys or Skins you never know what bogus ruling they make come up with to shaft it's richest and most prolific franchise.
  8. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

931 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Not new news, this has been mentioned before by Shannahan. The offered him more but he came here because he felt he had a better chance to make the team.
  9. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    114 Likes Received

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't buy into the league having a grudge against any team. I'm sure every fan of every team in the league thinks their team is persecuted.
  10. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,444 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Ratliff has been in my rear-view mirror for a while now, but sometimes, objects (issues) are closer than they seem....it would be terrific if they got some cap relief, not holding my breath
    dogberry likes this.
  11. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasin Zone Supporter

3,396 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    I think there were whispers of bi-polar disorder related to Rat and he does seem to fit the symptoms. It's a rough disorder to live with, especially when not medicated/diagnosed, etc. Still hate Rat for his actions though and were no way related to his personal issues. That would be great to get that cap room back and is rightfully owed back. It impeded the team from improving the position even though the team did have cap room (beside the point). Odd that JJ would extend him knowing all that...I wonder why Mick suggested Tyron get redone first? The more expensive position?
  12. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,334 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    I agree and I have I mentioned before this is new way of holding out without getting fined by team. Slippery slope for NFL and they better take Dallas out of this equation and just think about whats best for league.
    BigStar likes this.
  13. BigStar

3,396 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Very true, all 2nd/3rd contracts would become fair game under questionable leadership (agents).
  14. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Active Member

886 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    This and Smith is more important than Dez is my guess.
  15. BigStar

3,396 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Being the LT that is true. Smith's potential 10 million plus cap number from the 5th year option is probably last resort for 2015.
  16. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,602 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Okay, pardon my ignorance, but who the heck is "TC"?
  17. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,490 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received
    He wanted some of that secret sauce.
  18. remdak

remdak Active Member

224 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    Talking Cowboys
  19. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,490 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received
    That's the real story. Romo is here cause of Sean Payton.

When Payton went to NO, he was trying to get Romo to come. Bledsoe was the starting QB that time.
  20. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,602 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Okay. Thanks, but I think TC is wrong. Parcells was quoted talking to the Seattle press while Romo was a third-stringer saying that he thought he had something special. I believe that conversation is where the often-quoted, "moxie" phrase came from. I believe that even then, Parcells would have kept Romo over QC.