1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Talkin Cowboys 4/30

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Apr 30, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,983 Messages
    2,006 Likes Received
    Give me Martin, Barr, Donald, Ward, Shazier, Mosely, Ealy and any of the RD1 CBs over Jernigan every day and all day on sunday
    SilverStarCowboy and jobberone like this.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,042 Messages
    4,539 Likes Received
    Not interested in Jernigan although I might be wrong about him.
  3. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,266 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Oh yeah? Well, based on past experience and the current roster, I'd say we have a 50 percent chance of winning 16 games, 50 percent chance of losing 16 games, and a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs. In summary, I think we have a 100 percent chance of remaining mediocre. How is that for a fact-based, well-thought-out, well-researched and intellectually-driven opinion? So what the hell do the so-called experts know? Sarcasicm switch disengaged... .:D
  4. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,245 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    "How the season will go"

Doesn't fit.
  5. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

249 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I have to disagree with you on this one. If the Cowboys view his ceiling as a run stopping 1 tech I wouldn't use a first on him either. If he somehow dropped to us in the 2nd I would take him in a heartbeat. The 1 tech is one of the easiest positions to find a stop gap, its kind of the RB position of a defense, so why use a premium pick? I would much rather go after someone capable of rushing the passer in round 1 if we go DL.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Cleveland to trade up from 26 for two 3rds (#71 & #83) for a QB (Bridgewater/Carr) @ 16, man....land Ward and a Pass Rusher this is a successful Draft.
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I would have to believe Vaccaro. They wanted him last year at 18 (went 15). Odds are they will pass on Ward at 16, he's likely a late 1st - early 2nd type guy.
    CrazyCowboy likes this.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    With you on Martin, Barr, Donald and Ealy....Mosleys' injuries are starting to scare me off because of Lee and Carters' injury History.

Viewing the slight Shazier as a late 1st...the Safties Pryor and Haha Clinton look like late 1sts as well.

Warming up to Best Player Available with Ebron or Evans @ 16 if they fall...Manziel, Bridgewater and Bortles all go top 8 with #3 Jacksonville, #4 Cleveland, #1 Houston, #8 Vikes are all in desperate need for playmaking QBs.
  9. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,556 Messages
    2,119 Likes Received
    • Fredrick had a tough yr going up against good DL. And looks ripe to improve this yr.

I thought he held his own, sure he has a few rough match-ups but I thought he did good for the most part. I couldn't have asked for anything more from him in his rookie season and he will only get better.
    waving monkey likes this.
  10. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,069 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Can we all start a fund to get Spencer on some deer antler spray?
    Idgit likes this.
  11. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,010 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    He was barely active for gameday. He hasn't started a game since 2012 and only made 8 tackles all year.
    Gaede likes this.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received

laughing at you for swallowing this HC
  13. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,042 Messages
    4,539 Likes Received
    Let's be nice and civil please.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,381 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    I like the way yo mind work. You too come over today and chill. Like i was telling theManwiththePlan just a while ago, I will be boiling eggs, making a cake for my cat and chillin so we could discuss football while Ms. busty walk back and forth making the room look and smell good.
  15. GimmeTheBall!

13,381 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Yes, we liive by your example and it is a fine one.
    You too come over and join me and LatinMind and Manwith a plan. Like i said to them, I will be boiling some eggs, making a cake for my cake and chilling and we can watch Ms. Busty walking around. She is very good looking and smells good and has a sharp mind for football.
    Keep up the good work jobberdone.
  16. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,434 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    Is hairball cake difficult to make? Do you use real or fake hair for ingredients?
  17. GimmeTheBall!

13,381 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Well that is for you to find out. Anyway, unless mandwiththeplan or latinmind or jobberdone invite you, no one half said: "Hey, old DallasEast, why don't you come over in your Audi and drop in with this gang of cool cats"? has anyone said that? Huh? I dont think so. And Ms. Busty say you stare too much. So, no soap, pally. You go to the Moose Social Club on Harry Hines and half a good time.n
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    Not Ealy. I'd take Jernigan and give away a 2nd round pick, if I had to, before I would draft Ealy over Jernigan and I don't even really love Jernigan.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    That's basically the trade scenario ABQJr. and I proposed on our last Mock Draft. For that reason alone, I have zero faith that it would ever happen. LOL....
  20. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

913 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Trading down w/ Cleveland and getting BOTH of their 3rd rounders is a pipe dream......

But if that were to happen...Cowboys could knock one out of the park.

1/26. Dee Ford Auburn/Dominique Easley Florida
    2/47. Telvin Smith LB Florida St.
    3/71. Jimmie Ward, FS Northern Illinois
    3/78. Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    3/83. Kelcy Quarles, DT South Carolina
    4/119. Trai Turner RG LSU
    5/158. DE/OLB Howard Jones/ Ross Cockrell, CB Duke
    7/229. (From Chi)- Trey Millard FB Oklahoma
    7/231. Lawrence Virgil DT Valdosta State
    7/238. (From KC)-Dan France RG Mich St.
    7/248. (Comp)Demetri Goodson CB Baylor
    7/251. (Comp)Bryn Renner QB North Carolina
    7/254. (Comp) Kirby Van Der Kamp P Iowa St.