1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Talkin Cowboys 7-24

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LatinMind, Jul 24, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Yup Dallas needs more players like that. Like it or not this team is soft. They dont have that attitude that the niners, seahawks, ravens, redskins have. They hit the field aggresive and with a attitude. But to Garretts credit the way he's getting on players looks like he's trying to instill that into this team.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    I really think that is doing to change with Kiffin and Marinelli running the defense. I base this on watching the units both have coached in the past. They are aggressive and always going after the ball. They do not stand around waiting for a turnover they go out and create the turnover. Bears were great at standing a guy up while others would rip at the ball to force the fumble
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    IMO the 3 that are going to change this defense around are Ware, Carter and Church. The first two are obvious, but we've heard it from all the Cowboy coaches, that when Church went down they didnt recover from what they had with him. Before last yr Church was aggressive in his limited time and would put hits on people. I think we're going to see something good with him this yr. the way they described Ware's posistion in this scheme yesterday is interesting. They called it a half man on man situation. Only thing i can think of is they might slide the DL over a gap so Ware is always on the outside shoulder of a end person on the OL and the Dt in the G/T gap regularly, and possibly Carter more up on the LOS. thts just me taking a guess, bt thats what im envisioning when they bring that up.
  4. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    I'm excited about having Church back as well. I believe he can do the job now just hoping that someone else shows up to man the other safety spot.
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    from all the tweets and yesterdays talking Cowboys it seems like will allen is the one thats going to provide Dallas that S thats able to cover them RBs and Tes. Seems like he's already solidified his spot with the coaches and will start
  6. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    Yeah thus far Allen has had a good camp based on reports. Who knows this team may not just have 2 good safeties but guys who can actually provide solid depth.
  7. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
  8. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,433 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    So we brought in George Selvi and Landon Cohen and they've already practiced. Before they were signed, we had 89 players out of 90. Who got cut?
    We weren't allowed to put Crawford on IR yet, so it's not his spot. Anyone know?
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,388 Messages
    3,680 Likes Received
    I didn't see him being the starter back there when he was brought in. Doesn't really matter as I am happy somebody wins the job instead of being handed a starting spot by default.
  10. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    We'll see if it holds up but I don't even think I've read a single thing on Tyron so far. Lots of good stuff about Free though. Maybe he got remotivated.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Only thing i read about Tyron so far is Ware has been dominating him. But then again i think it has alot to do with what they spoke about on talkin cowboys yesterday about Ware being man on half a man. Seems like they are really trying to find ways to free up to cause havoc.
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    I hear you on that. For me that goes with every posistion on this team. Id rather have the best players on the field. Especially on the OL. IDC if its Fredrick at C, Costa or either at Guard, or Leary and Kowalski playing G. Just aslong as its the best player.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,649 Messages
    2,023 Likes Received
    I heard that Ware took it to him bad the first two days, but then Tyron came around very nicely.
  14. renny

renny Member

149 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Wilcox will be a starting safety.