1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tanard Jackson

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by supercowboy8, Apr 11, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Interesting roster move down in Tampa Bay today, as the Buccaneers cut 26-year-old safety Tanard Jackson. They said it was because he failed a physical, but indications are that the Bucs show disappointment with growth on and off field.
    Last year's shoulder injury won't keep him from helping someone in 2012.

Should Dallas show interest?
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,604 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Heck, why not? Churn the bottom of the roster.
  3. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,973 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    It thought he was good player? If he just had a down year then maybe a change is waht he needs.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,188 Messages
    3,013 Likes Received
    12/24/11 - S Tanard Jackson was benched for part of the game Saturday after blowing a coverage on a 91-yard touchdown pass from Carolina's Cam Newton to Brandon LaFell.

11/24/11 - S Tanard Jackson was limited in practice Thursday with a hamstring strain but is expected to play Sunday against the Titans.

11/23/11 - S Tanard Jackson, who missed Sunday's game at Green Bay and has been plagued by a hamstring strain since Oct. 23, returned to practice Wednesday and is expected to start against the Tennessee Titans. Jackson, who missed 56 weeks of football serving a suspension from the NFL for violating the substance abuse policy, was injured returning an interception against the Bears in London. He played poorly in a loss to the Texans and was inactive Sunday against the Packers.
  5. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,583 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Probably signs with the Skins. Raheem Morris is their new DB coach so there is a connection.
  6. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,042 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    That's what probably will happen. They need a Safety. If Morris signs off on him, the Skins will sign him.
  7. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,311 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    I forgot about that, I can see that happening.
  8. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no for what?

the bucs didn't like his improvement on the field what makes us think he'll be any better than sensabaugh and elam?
  9. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,583 Messages
    1,902 Likes Received
    Can't pass a physical, hasn't developed? No.
  10. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,894 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    Thought this was done with FA's and the upcoming draft.....then you churn during camp. Heck they don't even know how some of these players will be yet. They have agood idea, but let's see what happens in the draft.

But I do know what you mean, always have to lok to get better too.
  11. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No. He's graded out terribly every single year for the Bucs (except his first)... not to mention he gets hurt as much as he gets in trouble.

Pass.

FYI - Just because a player is available, doesn't mean Dallas should take them.
  12. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,205 Messages
    43 Likes Received
  13. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's actually pretty good, just needs more coaching. Reminds me of Roy Williams though, very much a 'big play' one way or another, our team or theirs.