1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tank Carradine update

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Feb 12, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,040 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
    Tank Carradine update: Sources tell me he's targeting a full workout before the draft. Initial reports on his workouts are incredible.
    Retweeted by Ryan Lownes
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  2. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,875 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    It will be interesting to see how good his workouts really are and how much that will push up his draft stock. He fits so nicely for us at SDE. We have had good luck drafting these injured players and getting them to be productive (Lee, Carter).
  3. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

658 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    These acl tears are nothing with modern technology. They still need recover time.
  4. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

943 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I agree it has to be right mentally to trust the restoration and what Adrian Peterson did this last season is in the Lance Armstrong realm. RGIII may confirm the acl injury recovery model has taken a huge leap in rehab time.
    I like Carradine and hope he falls to us in the draft, what a great talent when he returns to normal.
  5. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

598 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    This guy will not last to #47. There are so many guys I love in this draft that are too rich for 47 but 18 is too rich for them.

Barrett Jones, Cyprien, Carradine, etc.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,887 Messages
    3,937 Likes Received
    Man i wish there was some way we could get this guy.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    The 4 most recent rankings I've seen on Tank are
    77th, 72nd, 146 (throw that out), 65th.
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    IDK, he is coming off a major injury and likely needs a redshirt year or a year until he is at full-strength. Adrian Peterson's recovery is not typical. Remember Bruce Carter was PuP'd until week 6 and his injury was far earlier in the year.

The second thing is he will be 24 by the time of the draft. If he doesn't play much he will be 25 before he is a contributor.

Thirdly he had one dominant college season only and he was playing with another even more dominant player in Werner.

I think this guy shouldn't be drafted before the 3rd round because of those issues.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    the days of having someone like Witten on the team for 10 years are about gone. With how short first contracts are, anyone that really makes it big you are lucky to get another contract out of them. So the fact that he will be 24 before he is picked is not the factor it once was. 8 years is probably about as much as you get out of any player anymore. That would make him 32 at the end of his second contract. Works for me
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    Can't begin to tell you how disappointed I'd be if we took Tank with the 47th pick. Maybe a round later though.
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,999 Messages
    3,703 Likes Received
    The 2nd round seems early to me. I like the player, but there are going to be many talented players available in the 2nd round of this draft.
  12. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,130 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    It really depends on how the scouts grade his tape. At this point he should be no earlier than a 3rd, but if he was not injured he is low 1st or early 2nd at the very least.

Cowboys used the same rationale when they "reached" for Lee and Carter, guys who had first round grades if not for injuries.