1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tannehill injured

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jnday, Jan 13, 2012.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Just saw on ESPN that Ryan Tannehill has broke his foot. Do you think his draft stock will go down ?
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,235 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    Yes. I think it will drop.
  3. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Probably but not enough for us to want to draft him in round 2...
  4. elcocinero

elcocinero Member

482 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I dont want to draft a QB in the first two rounds. We need two immediate starters out of our first two picks. QB in the 3rd would be ok if the value is there.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,922 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    Agreed, unless it's an unbelieveable value like RG3 is there at 14 somehow. We need starters, not backups. Least of all backups to players that aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have a problem with Tannehill in the second . He would be good value there . QB is not a position that I would consider a must .
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,773 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    We should be looking at QB in the next couple drafts...If Tannehill was around at our pick in the second, we'd definitely have to think about it...Not sure though if this is the year to spend a high pick on a QB, considering how many problems need fixing.

It'd probably be smarter sign a FA to backup Romo this year and look for a developmental QB in rounds 3-7 to replace McGee.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,628 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    And yet we still took Carter last year when we needed two starters out of the first two picks.

Just never know with Jerry, depends on how we rate Tannehill.

Since he is injuried, that might have actually moved him up Jerry's board instead of down....:cool:
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    One good leg , second round ? Yeah , Tannehill is the second round pick .:laugh2:
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,235 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    I agree. Maybe next year we look to draft a QB that we feel can be groomed behind Romo but right now I think Dallas has to address things like defense and more talent on the OL.
  11. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    he will still go in round one.

Not because of immense talent but because thr value of a QB is so valued in the game today(see Locker, Ponder 2011).

He's the 3rd qb and of that there's little debate. He's gone before #25 imo
  12. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Id be willing to take a chance on Tannehill in the 3rd....as a WR. Not at all impressed with him as a QB. He only completed 61% of his passes and averaged 7.1 yards per completion. That along with his 16 INTS does not say 1st round QB. I understand hes still extremely raw at the position and teams are enamored with his athletic ability, but hes a HUGE risk for a 1st round pick. Couldnt imagine a team taking him in the 1st round banking on him being their franchise QB, just too much of a project.